Volkanovski vs Giga?

Jfreemandrums

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Tbh, if Ortega can get a title shot (and TUF coaching position!!) from one win over the Korean Zombie, why shouldn't Volk vs Giga happen? Holloway can get a rubber match if he gets past Yair...otherwise I dont see anyone with a real claim to a shot right now.

Giga is undefeated in the UFC on a 7 fight win streak, and his whalloping of Cub plus him decisively beating and finishing Barboza is enough. Plus, Volk looked pretty sharp on the feet against a bigger, stronger dude in Ortega. This is the obvious fight to make for the belt

I don’t think a win over Edson should get anyone a title shot at featherweight. Edson hasn’t done shit in FW, I’d like to see Giga Chikadze vs Korean Zombie.

Winner of Max vs Yair should be next , Max has the Resume and a Win for Yair would make his resume rock solid.

Giga is fun, but he was fighting at a pace he couldn’t keep in that Barboza fight... and it’s Barboza, everyone knows how to beat him. Don’t see Giga doing well in 5 round title fights.

Max isn’t getting a title shot. He already lost twice

It doesnt often happen in MMA but itd make sense. The rematch was extremely close and most thought Max won.

In sports like kickboxing and muay thai fighting someone being up 2-0 and fighting 5-6 times is much more common. Considering how head and shoulders Max and Volk are over the division itd make sense

It doesnt often happen in MMA but itd make sense. The rematch was extremely close and most thought Max won.

In sports like kickboxing and muay thai fighting someone being up 2-0 and fighting 5-6 times is much more common. Considering how head and shoulders Max and Volk are over the division itd make sense

it doesn’t make sense. He already lost twice. Why not give him 10 chances at Volk.

it doesn’t make sense. He already lost twice. Why not give him 10 chances at Volk.
That's the ridiculous part of it, because if Max beats Yair then gets a trilogy fight with Volk and does get the w, Volk will be told well you need at least a couple of fights to get back into contention despite Holloway getting an undeserved rematch in the first place. The UFC really don't want Volk as champ, would clearly prefer either of Max or Ortega win the belt.

I love Giga, but he hasn’t earned that. He probably hasn’t actually earned Max really either.

That's the ridiculous part of it, because if Max beats Yair then gets a trilogy fight with Volk and does get the w, Volk will be told well you need at least a couple of fights to get back into contention despite Holloway getting an undeserved rematch in the first place. The UFC really don't want Volk as champ, would clearly prefer either of Max or Ortega win the belt.

Volk should not take the fight. They can’t force him to fight Max a 3rd time after he already won the first two fights.

I think Giga probably needs to beat someone like Kattar or Ortega to deserve a shot.

Volk should not take the fight. They can’t force him to fight Max a 3rd time after he already won the first two fights.
I'd like to say I agree with you but it's the UFC bud they can and likely will force Volk to do exactly that should Max get by Yair. About the only thing Volk should be able to do is demand a pay bump to fight him and even that's likely not going to happen.

Back