Volkan Oezdemir has a better chance at stopping Jon Jones than Reyes.

CBohl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Oezdemir has more power, shame he got wrestlefucked by DC.
Maybe hell get another chance at the tittle.
Plus he also beat Reyes.

Jon Jones is gonna destroy Reyes.
<JonesDXSuckIt><JonesLaugh>

Not denying Jones will win, but regardless of your opinion Reyes won that fight. It's in the record books, get over it. Secondly if you think a fight between Volkan and Jones would go much different than the fight he had with DC, you're fooling yourself. Volkan is a permanent gate keeper...

I think they are pretty even, very similar level and power

Oezdemir has more power, shame he got wrestlefucked by DC.
Maybe hell get another chance at the tittle.
Plus he also beat Reyes.

Jon Jones is gonna destroy Reyes.
<JonesDXSuckIt><JonesLaugh>

volkan bases his game on toughness, his technical game is very poor but the dude is tough and has an iron chin.

For the hundredth time: MMA is about matchups!

Volkan Oezdemir is a powerful striker, which is why he's dangerous for everyone who's not able to take him down, but vulnerable to every fighter with solid offensive wrestling.
Reyes on the other hand has actually very good defensive wrestling, which usually is something very important, if you're fighting Jon Jones.

Also: Volkan might've landed the more damaging blows, but Reyes still outstruck him, so it's hardly as much of a robbery as people make it out to be, if at all.

I agree. Reyes will get destroyed and doesn't even deserve a title-shot.

Both have a better than 0% chance of stopping Jones, that’s true.

For the hundredth time: MMA is about matchups!

Volkan Oezdemir is a powerful striker, which is why he's dangerous for everyone who's not able to take him down, but vulnerable to every fighter with solid offensive wrestling.
Reyes on the other hand has actually very good defensive wrestling, which usually is something very important, if you're fighting Jon Jones.

Also: Volkan might've landed the more damaging blows, but Reyes still outstruck him, so it's hardly as much of a robbery as people make it out to be, if at all.

First two rounds were close. Reyes absolutely dominated the third. Commentators talked as if he was losing that round too. That's how biased it was.

Reyes hurt Oezdemir with hooks, landed a knee to the body that visibly stunned him, then teed off on him for the more than half the round, with no answer for Oezdemir.

The commentary ignored all of that and were talking about cheese graters instead. They ignored everything Reyes did in that fight.

He did beat Reyes but he - like Reyes - has very little chance of beating Jones. Less than Reyes actually.

Volkan's best work is in the clinch, which is also happens to be Jones' strongest skillset these days. Volkan probably would be outclassed there and over all.

I’m impressed with Reyes and I think he’s one of the best offensive fighters at 205. Behind bones.
There is no fighter I would take over bones though.

Now that Jon is on the backside of his career and has slowed way down, his offensive clinchwork and wrestling are disappearing because he can't afford to expend that energy anymore and he may also doubt his strength in the Pico era. That being said, big guys with reach and power are now his kryptonite. All he can do is stay on the outside and throw pot shots and hope they add up to a decision. He doesn't dare get in the pocket with Santos, Reyes, Oezdemir, etc. like he did with Glover, it's way too dangerous now. It's also why he will NEVER move up to HW.

Wrong. They both have no chance

Pretty much this, unless Jones beats himself, which means, either of them could "beat" Jones.

Until Jones slips some more (than the Santos fight), the current group of contenders don't have what it takes.

Back