Volk vs Poirier/Oliviera

Really? Interesting. I think Volk matches up really well and takes it due to better speed, footwork and angles. Whats your take?

I quess it depends if he can weather the Chandler storm. Chandler is getting older too. I guess I kind of think Chander has the best chance of the top 155ers of keeping ring control over Volk and chander has that explosive power. Very interesting fight.

Dustin takes out Volk, and Islam would take Volk out even easier

Hes already done it twice. The 2nd fight was very close but that only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades
We'll have to agree to disagree. I had a grenade blow up 5 feet from my head, aside from a headache and irritating tinnitus, I was unharmed. Similar to the way Max was vs Volk

I would agree if it wernt for his high fight IQ and I am not certain most of the top 5 are stronger than him.

Hey, it's certainly a good question.I think he's capable of beating some strong fighters at LW; he's clearly a very technical and clever fighter-- I'd be interested to see how he might go about beating some of the top 10. And, to be fair, Ortega probably walks around at 170-180 himself. But I just can't see Volk ever beating someone like Islam. He's just too damn big. Maybe volk could use his beastly cardio to win a war of attrition, but if things hit the mat, I don't see Volk escaping.

I'm here for it, though! if he wants to try his hand at LW, I will certainly watch with interest.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I had a grenade blow up 5 feet from my head, aside from a headache and irritating tinnitus, I was unharmed. Similar to the way Max was vs Volk

I had Max winning that fight too TBH but it you get 2 wins and you are the champ Max needs to string a few more together.

I don't know where the ferals in this thread cam from

Volk would easily outpoint both of them. New goat.

Get your fucking shit together

Volk has already stated he's willing to fight all the way to WW and he'd beat both these guys. Chuckie the higher risk as his bjj > cTE City's BJJ.

As usual Poirier is amazingly overrated by sherbros

Hey, it's certainly a good question.I think he's capable of beating some strong fighters at LW; he's clearly a very technical and clever fighter-- I'd be interested to see how he might go about beating some of the top 10. And, to be fair, Ortega probably walks around at 170-180 himself. But I just can't see Volk ever beating someone like Islam. He's just too damn big. Maybe volk could use his beastly cardio to win a war of attrition, but if things hit the mat, I don't see Volk escaping.

I'm here for it, though! if he wants to try his hand at LW, I will certainly watch with interest.

I agree Islam would be a very tough fight. I feel like hes a live dog against any of them tho.

I would give Cejudo more chances against Volk than him against those two LW',s.

I had Max winning that fight too TBH but it you get 2 wins and you are the champ Max needs to string a few more together.
I feel for the guy he is fighting next, I can never remember his name.

This dude wants to see Volk move up and die?

What has volk shown that says he cant hang at 155? Dude played a pro sport at like 240lbs. He might even look better at 155. You cant teach the fight IQ he has. IMO hes on that Usman level. You cant count him out.

I would give Cejudo more chances against Volk than him against those two LW',s.

Cejudo is a gamer against any of those guys too. I dont disagree. Him vs Volk would actually be a great fight.

What has volk shown that says he cant hang at 155? Dude played a pro sport at like 240lbs. He might even look better at 155. You cant teach the fight IQ he has. IMO hes on that Usman level. You cant count him out.
His height.

Maybe I'm higher on Volk than most but I think he can take the winner of that fight. 50/50 at worst. Who wants to see this? How do you think the fight with each goes?

I think Volk can decision both these jabroni's (respectfully lol)

Discuss

Idk and I honestly don't mind finding out

Back