• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vitor vs. Hendo stoppage?

I'm a huge Hendo fan and I saw a legit stoppage. I sure didn't want him to eat another 4-5 shots. At the speed that Vitor throws, any delay from the ref equals quite a few punches.

it's pretty crazy that dan wasnt fully asleep after the kick. Most guys wouldnt have stood up after the uppercut. Legendary chin IMO.

That's totally true. It's a legit stoppage for sure but, my god, what the hell does it take to knock that guy out cold? It's like some zombie stuff; the moment you think he's out he starts slowly coming back to life.

I could see the argument for letting the fight go on a little bit longer, since it's dan fucking henderson..

but on the other hand he took a lot of shots to the head and it didn't seem like he was getting out of that situation and the ref didn't want vitor to punch hendo retarded.

Good stoppage in my opinion.

That's totally true. It's a legit stoppage for sure but, my god, what the hell does it take to knock that guy out cold? It's like some zombie stuff; the moment you think he's out he starts slowly coming back to life.

To be fair, Bisping ate a very similar kick and wasn't out cold, make of that what you will. (I actually think Dan was out until his head hitting the canvas woke him up.)

How people are still debating the stoppage is beyond me though, it was some of the best reffing i've seen for some time.

It was a good stoppage I saw Hendo's eyes roll to the back of his head.

Hendo got lucky with Fedor, this time he tastes the bitterness.

1) Dan has his eyes closed after the second knockdown.

2) He's just kind of loosely grabbing Vitor's leg...again with eyes closed! That doesn't look like intelligent defense to me. More like a failed attempt at it. He's not blocking punches, he's not moving his head and he sure as hell is not in position to stop more punches from Vitor.

3) Dan's immediate reaction after the ref stops the fight, is to stay down, while crossing his arms over his head. This is before the medical team got to him. Sure doesn't look like a guy who could take a few more punches.

So, perfectly good stoppage.

Vitor would have put him into a coma if that was allowed to continue. He ways already KO'd, do you want him to start bleeding out of his eyes and ears before they stop it?

Unbelievable. I can't believe some people are calling this an early stoppage. Hendo was knocked out.

good stoppage, anyone who says otherwise is crazy

Big Hendo fan. He could have continued but I do not question the stoppage. He fell flat, Hendo just recovers fast. He was out, he could have continued but I do not see it ending differently

Back