Vitor Belfort on TRT: "I want people to know I have a conscience"

Well, TRT allows him to train harder and longer in the gym than he ever could naturally and it's the gym where he's learning these techniques. So it's not exactly a stretch to say that TRT is the reason Vitor has new techniques.

IS TRT's purpose to restore testosterone level to normal level or to above normal level?
This is the real question. Because if it's to normal level, there shouldn't be any complaints. Vitor had low test level and now has NORMAL level with TRT. Where is the problem?? THe same is valid for any TRT fighter.

I wonder if he's taking anything to help him apologize as well as he did when he was 20.

IS TRT's purpose to restore testosterone level to normal level or to above normal level?
This is the real question. Because if it's to normal level, there shouldn't be any complaints. Vitor had low test level and now has NORMAL level with TRT. Where is the problem?? THe same is valid for any TRT fighter.

yup.

trt puts low levels back to within a normal standard. they are tested to make sure they are within those levels also. given, there is a period of about 24 hours after the injection that numbers are above average, but they level off after that back to within the standard. this is why you wouldn't be able to fight immediately after receiving an injection.

despite what uneducated sherdog experts will tell you.

Vitor realizes he probably has a few years left in the sport that he's been in since the 90s. Just let the man do all that junk he feels he has to so he has what it takes to perform for us. You think all your favorite fighters in Pride weren't juiced up since they had no drug testing? I'm willing to bet all the best Pride fighters were juiced up except maybe for Fedor.

Why is Fedor always the exception to this rule? I love the guy too, but to assume that anybody in PRIDE was completely on the level is just naive. There's a reason the fights were so good and so often.

Well one of the problems is why Vitor has low t in the first place. It makes no sense to me (and a lot of people) that someone with the past Vitor has, is allowed to use TRT

strength has nothing to do with learning the technique.

It sure has a lot to do with performing it. FACTS are FACTS.

The reason why Belfort gets so much flack for his testosterone use when compared to others is because he has a past of being a steroid user.

Well one of the problems is why Vitor has low t in the first place. It makes no sense to me (and a lot of people) that someone with the past Vitor has, is allowed to use TRT

Why does Vitor have low T? I don't know why he has it, he doesn't know why he has it, how do you?

As a fighter and one who has pissed hot before this is not a personal issue at all and to say it is shows he is trying to fudge the issue. He is a man who was huge at 20 and clearly cheated as he was caught doing so.

strength has nothing to do with learning the technique.

All round physical performance has everything to do with how well you can execute that technique though.

Vitor is being unfairly singled out. He's a great fighter and one of the most exciting of all time.

I love how Vitor gets all the hate, yet people still hang off of Hendo and Chael's nuts. Must be a nationality thing. Personally, I don't give a fuck who's on TRT. If they're cleared to fight, that's all that matters. Fans are just cry babies.

He is not being singled out unfairly, one he has been caught using PED's, two all TRT users have a huge amount of threads talking about their TRT use when they fight or do interviews about TRT.

id like you see your studies showing these "twice as hard, twice as fast" numbers.

it elevates his levels back into a normal standard, so how is it "twice as hard, twice as fast", if its in fact only back into a normal range?

please provide me your sources. im truly interested.

Normal levels for a 20 year old not a guy in his mid to late 30's or into their 40's for Hendo. I'd have no problem with a guy taking TRT to get back to the average level for their actual age group.

You also have the problem that they only have to pass a piss test come fight time and not during their training.

I'm guessing most people didnt take the time to read the article and just read what's in the first post.

Belfort went into detail about how his levels are below what they should be and he pays for his own testing to ensure that his levels are where they should be.

You have only Belfort and a doctor who works for an organisation set up by the UFC word to go by, no single independent organisation has been involved. The fact he won't even risk applying for TRT exemption in the US shows he is dodgy.

If TRT is so harmless why is it so difficult to get a pass for other sports? The Olympic committee has thousands of athletes world wide yet only ever gave out two passes and one was for a guy who had lost both testicles.

no one is denying it.

im talking about how the skills and techniques he has picked up are overlooked and ignored. oh hes on trt so those perfectly executed kicks must have come from that.

if that is the case, im going to go get a trt prescription and be challenging gsp here shortly.

Seriously, no one has ever said that TRT or PED was the reason for Vitor's technique, or that PEDs taught Barry Bonds how to hit a homerun.

What we're saying is that TRT and PEDs helped them train harder, hit a little harder and kick a little faster. Helps them recover a little better like when they were 25 instead of the fact that they are now 35 (or 42) so they wouldn't have if it weren't for the PED/TRT.

You're not going to challenge GSP with that TRT prescription, but you can go ahead and challenge that guy you recently lost a close fight to in your amateur fight and with enough increased testosterone and more/harder training that it allows for, you'll likely beat him next time.

Why is Fedor always the exception to this rule? I love the guy too, but to assume that anybody in PRIDE was completely on the level is just naive. There's a reason the fights were so good and so often.

If you look at Fedor you can see why people think he wasn't juicing.

Whether it's fair or not, I believe Vitor will be remembered by mainstream MMA fans as a roider. Sports fans are harsh.

It is fair, he takes roids he should be known as a roider. It would be unfair to place him with guys that haven't been caught or admitted it. Blah Blah Blah he has an exemption in his home country where they love him so hes not cheating. Belfort could probably commit crimes in Brazil and they would look the other way.

Shame that we have to deal with this. The ufc basically says it's ok to take steroids because they'll allow you to take trt if you get caught.

I never understood the disproportionate amount of criticism Belfort receives for using TRT, a treatment that many other UFC competitors take before a fight. Other than being secretive about using it, did he do something to merit additional rebuke?

As a fighter and one who has pissed hot before this is not a personal issue at all and to say it is shows he is trying to fudge the issue. He is a man who was huge at 20 and clearly cheated as he was caught doing so.

All round physical performance has everything to do with how well you can execute that technique though.

He is not being singled out unfairly, one he has been caught using PED's, two all TRT users have a huge amount of threads talking about their TRT use when they fight or do interviews about TRT.

Normal levels for a 20 year old not a guy in his mid to late 30's or into their 40's for Hendo. I'd have no problem with a guy taking TRT to get back to the average level for their actual age group.

You also have the problem that they only have to pass a piss test come fight time and not during their training.

You have only Belfort and a doctor who works for an organisation set up by the UFC word to go by, no single independent organisation has been involved. The fact he won't even risk applying for TRT exemption in the US shows he is dodgy.

If TRT is so harmless why is it so difficult to get a pass for other sports? The Olympic committee has thousands of athletes world wide yet only ever gave out two passes and one was for a guy who had lost both testicles.

To be fair, the IOC has a history of being unreasonable nerfers in many aspects of the Olympics. Removing morote gari from judo is fine example of that.

The reasoning of the IOC is not a solid argument.

Lol. Vitor's 100 year old drunken uncle sounds like he could be a contender.

I never understood the disproportionate amount of criticism Belfort receives for using TRT, a treatment that many other UFC competitors take before a fight. Other than being secretive about using it, did he do something to merit additional rebuke?

Been busted in the past.

I think Sonnen got the same amount of criticism at the time he first got caught.

But also Vitor is one of those vocal god-loving, all praise be to Jesus for all my strength and everyone needs to be a good Christian like me type fighters. If he were less vocal about how god is great (while being mum on how TRT is great), he would have gotten a little less criticism.

I think he is singled out for several reasons:
1. He has previously tested positive for banned PEDs. Given that steroid usage is a major cause of hypogonadism, it looks pretty bad.
2. He doesn't have a TUE and isn't allowed to fight in Nevada, which has the most influential athletic commission in the US. Fighting in Brazil because the US won't let you take the drugs you admit to taking looks pretty bad.
3. His career hit a resurgence that roughly corresponds to his TRT usage. It looks pretty bad.
4. Most of the other well known TRT users have TUE's, and more importantly, have been losing fights recently.

When people start talking about a legacy of themselves I always wonder just how big headed that person is.

In answer to the later part of the quote we take away from the good and don't praise it because he is on trt whilst winning those fights.

dude...if anyone has a legacy in this sport, its Vitor Belfort. yeah, he hasnt done as much as Anderson has perhaps but he fought in UFC 12 and is still going strong.

if anyone can talk about their own legacy, its Vitor.

Vitor-Belfort.png

G-Vitor-Belfort-vs-Wanderlei-Silva-Jack-hammer-KO-in-UFC-175.gif

Back