Vitor Belfort Compares MMA to Slavery

Listen, the UFC doesn't sign stars, that make stars. Without UFC, where would Connor be? Imagine if he signed to bellator.
Conor made the noise when he got there. Every fight is an oppurtunity. Conor made the most of it by making noise,on top of his exciting fight style. Conor would have been a star anywhere he went. He would have made noise like Rousey did before UFC signed her if he ended up in Bellator. Already a star,already making waves. Thats how the UFC takes notice,and put their promotinal weight behind them.

fucking juicehead think a slave is paid millions to fight

what an idiot

Does Vitor have ownership in Triad, because that whole article is just a shill for Triad.

Vitor rather get paid to fight Evander than prime Randy or Silva. Thats slavery.

Not to parse words too much here but the UFC having predatory contracts has nothing to do with the ruleset. Maybe I’m missing something here but why start a new sport entirely if the only thing wrong with mma currently is that the premier league has one sided contracts?

Vitor feels like anything is slavery when he has to pass a Usada test. He is only a free man when he can morph into TRiTor.

I'm just going on title but Vitor was one of the better paid fighters - especially in his era- and got to bend the rules a whole lot in doing it ..... and I like Belfort - one of the more exciting gladiators to watch.

I really respected vitor when he outed bisping for not wanting to fight fighters that had earned a shot at title. I mean - past it Vitor wouldve throttled the brit AGAIN.

I didnt read the clicks but Vitor should worry about his current path. There's so much ambiguity to the world of fighter pay, I dont know what to believe.

I must of forgot the part in history class that Slaves had a choice to be a slave or not.

I must of forgot the part in history class that Slaves had a choice to be a slave or not.
“The word slave arrived in English via the Old French sclave. In Medieval Latin the word was sclavus and in Byzantine Greek σκλάβος.[11]Use of the word arose during the Early Medieval Period, when Slavs from Central and Eastern Europe (Saqaliba) were frequently enslaved by Moors from the Iberian Peninsulaand North Africa.[12][13][14]

“The word "slavery" has also been used to refer to a legal state of dependency to somebody else.[28][29] For example, in Persia, the situations and lives of such slaves could be better than those of common citizens.[30]

“Indenture, otherwise known as bonded labour or debt bondage, is a form of unfree labour under which a person pledges himself or herself against a loan. The services required to repay the debt, and their duration, may be undefined. Debt bondage can be passed on from generation to generation, with children required to pay off their progenitors' debt.[24] It is the most widespread form of slavery today.[25] Debt bondage is most prevalent in South Asia.[24] Money marriage refers to a marriage where a girl, usually, is married off to a man to settle debts owed by her parents.[26]The Chukri System is a debt bondage system found in parts of Bengal where a female can be coerced into prostitution in order to pay off debts.[27]

“The word slavery is often used as a pejorative to describe any activity in which one is coerced into performing. Some argue that military drafts and other forms of coerced government labour constitute "state-operated slavery."[40][41] Some libertarians and anarcho-capitalists view government taxation as a form of slavery.[42]

"Slavery" has been used by some anti-psychiatry proponents to define involuntary psychiatric patients, claiming there are no unbiased physical tests for mental illness and yet the psychiatric patient must follow the orders of the psychiatrist. They assert that instead of chains to control the slave, the psychiatrist uses drugs to control the mind.[43]Drapetomania was a psychiatric diagnosis for a slave who did not want to be a slave.[44][45]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery

you remember when the moors came and enslaved the east euros and the word became popular when you learned history ? Is that what you mean ? Or when the Portuguese began importing African slaves to South America in the 15th and 16th centuries? What part of history are you referring to that you learned ?

Imagine if all slaves would have been roided to the gills juice monsters. Gladiator fights would have been even more spectacular!
It would never happen in current times, but imagine Prison MMA, where the prisoners fight for their freedom if they win the tournament. Off course some caveats that you can't partake if you are convicted off something like murder, rape, etc.

Vitor Belfort Compares MMA to Slavery, Says Triad Combat Has Potential to Be Olympic Sport

After a knockout win over Evander Holyfield in an exhibition boxing match last September, Vitor Belfort is scheduled to make his combat sports return against another boxing champ, Chad Dawson, at Triad Combat 2 on Feb. 26 in Houston.

At recent press conference for Brazilian media, Belfort revealed that Oscar De La Hoya was the first opponent option, but “The Golden Boy” refused the bout.

“We were scheduled to fight when [De La Hoya] got sick, and Holyfield accepted the invitation. As soon as the invitation to Triad 2 came, we first tried Oscar, but there was no way to convince him, so we got Dawson,” Belfort said.

Triad MMA features a hybrid of boxing and MMA, but knees, kicks and elbows are not allowed in the fights. According to Belfort, Triad is the first event not to favor either side.

“We are not going to fight boxing with them and they are not coming to take kicks in the face from us,” he said. “And the format of the ring is good for both. They are more used to ropes and we are more used to sides [such as in an Octagon]. Also boxing doesn’t have head fighting, hand fighting and the clinch. I'm sure that if MMA fighters like [Junior dos Santos] and myself work on that, we will take advantage of that aspect.”

Belfort hopes to bring a Triad Combat event to Brazil in the near future.

“MMA is still not a sport, it’s some kind of slavery that forces all the employees to sign the contract on their terms,” Belfort said. “There is not a association to protect the fighters’ rights. Triad is going in the other direction. It’s following in the direction of Olympic sports.

Take a wild guess what my source is.

Vitor Belfort is spoiled like Mark Hunt

Back