vitaly minokov

xMaxPower

Red Belt
Reaction score

just stumbled across this dude. Hes like another Fedor...

23-0

beat some pretty decent names.

Has UFC not tried to get this guy?.... I dont get it.

He's the reason Bellator is holding a HW Grand Prix: won the title and was stripped due to inactivity. Since then he's only fought in Russia and I doubt he'll fight in America any time soon.

Why isn’t Minakov in the UFC? is like “Where is Arona?” for casuals.

He has a contract he is failing to honor in Bellator.

Stopped at 5 sec after they showed flag for so long... shit edit

Hes not another Fedor.

He got nearly KOed by DJ Linderman amd his two best wins out of that 21-0 are Volkov and Kongo.

Yes he is a good fighter and theres tons of guys he could beat in the UFC, but he's not even a lock over Black Beast let alone Stipe, Werdum, Reem or Ngganou.

He doesn't seem to have any interest in being in the UFC. Wouldn't even finish out his Bellator contract.

Hes not another Fedor.

He got nearly KOed by DJ Linderman amd his two best wins out of that 21-0 are Volkov and Kongo.

Yes he is a good fighter and theres tons of guys he could beat in the UFC, but he's not even a lock over Black Beast let alone Stipe, Werdum, Reem or Ngganou.

I meant he has a similar style to Fedor. Not saying hes just as good as a prime Fedor.

He doesn't seem to have any interest in being in the UFC. Wouldn't even finish out his Bellator contract.

Why would he finish his Bellator contract? He claims that they lowballed him and refused to renegotiate.

Based on the fact their other HW champ basically said the same thing and took a marketing job, he's probably telling the truth.

shocked @HI SCOTT NEWMAN hasn't posted yet on this thread, he's always shilling for this fighter. I'd have thought the mere mention of the name would bring him running here faster than the sound of a can opener calls in cats.

shocked @HI SCOTT NEWMAN hasn't posted yet on this thread, he's always shilling for this fighter. I'd have thought the mere mention of the name would bring him running here faster than the sound of a can opener calls in cats.
Hahaha very true :D or if I smell the scent of catnip in the area :D

Yeah I would love to see Minakov in UFC, he is good everywhere, but most of the HW's these days are just good in one area. Minakov has very good hands and he is so slick on the ground too. I honestly think he could beat anyone in UFC.

I had read before that he has a very very very expensive contract in Russia, and UFC won't touch it. Seems they just want cheap labor these days in womens divisions or lighterweight classes to fill up the tons of cards.

I first noticed him ages ago when he knocked out Eddie Sanchez cold and easily, who used to fight in UFC. And I thought his hands were really crisp and accurate and I was impressed. I wanted to see him in UFC ever since, but sadly I don't think its ever gonna happen at this rate

Hahaha very true :D or if I smell the scent of catnip in the area :D

Yeah I would love to see Minakov in UFC, he is good everywhere, but most of the HW's these days are just good in one area. Minakov has very good hands and he is so slick on the ground too. I honestly think he could beat anyone in UFC.

I had read before that he has a very very very expensive contract in Russia, and UFC won't touch it. Seems they just want cheap labor these days in womens divisions or lighterweight classes to fill up the tons of cards.

I first noticed him ages ago when he knocked out Eddie Sanchez cold and easily, who used to fight in UFC. And I thought his hands were really crisp and accurate and I was impressed. I wanted to see him in UFC ever since, but sadly I don't think its ever gonna happen at this rate

its a possibility if the UFC has an event in russia

UFC needs HWs

its a possibility if the UFC has an event in russia

UFC needs HWs

Bellator probably have a stipulation in the contract that he can't fight for any North American promotion regardless of where the event is held. UFC is still a US company after all.

Bellator just needs to let him go at this point.

He will not comeback to Bellator..

It would be better if FNG co-promotes with ACB make Champion vs. Champion.

Minakov vs. Goltsov

He will not comeback to Bellator..

It would be better if FNG co-promotes with ACB make Champion vs. Champion.

Minakov vs. Goltsov
Minakov said that he interested in comeback to Bellator.
Minakov is not champion of FNG and Goltsov is not champion of ACB and seems like Goltsov left ACB.

Hes not another Fedor.

fedor got almost KOed by Fujita. Shit happens at HW.

Copeland and Tony Johnson are good wins too.

When Minakov mixes his striking with his incredible takedowns and killer top game he can beat anyone. When he stands and trade he is just another sloppy HW striker who will be put to sleep in any given night.

It's crazy to think that Bellator hasn't held a HW title fight since April 4th, 2014 because of this guy. The HW belt has been held up for nearly 4 years since Minakov refused to honor his contract in Bellator. He should have been stripped of his belt way before he was. I highly doubt the UFC would even want him. He's not a bug name prospect for marketing purposes, and he has shown he is prone to major contract disputes.

I thought this thread was 5 yrs old, no hate

Hes not another Fedor.

Heavyweight. You got hit, you got rocked. Fujita hurt Fedor.

What he did to Tony Johnson he'd do exact the same to Black Beast, maybe worse. Probably would end in the second if not the first round..

Back