vit-c therapy for a cold

marware

White Belt
Reaction score
I have had a cold for a few days now and i bought a vitamin c supplement to try out something my friend told me to do wene you get a cold or a flu. It's pretty basic you just increase your vitamin c intake alot. I today took 2,000 mg of vitamin c and i dont no if it is a placebo affect but i already feel better. my nose is clearing up, and so is my head.

has anyone else done or heard of this and if so have you had good results.

i'm not trying to be an ass, but i thought everyone knew this when they were 5.

I didnt KNOW that you could get vitamin c in a concentrated pill form WHEN i was 5.

Your grammar is that of a 5 year old.

Yeah, mega dosing works so I've heard.

I keep putting off buying bulk vit c powder....I need to bloody get some

LOL, what's grammEr?????

family-guy-l-damn.jpg

btw- different to spelling :icon_chee

I didnt no that you could get vitamin c in a concentrated pill form wene i was 5.

okay, sorry. yea - it works great. i have a huge bottle that i keep for when i get sick. then i pop Vit C pills like they are shrooms.

Too much vitamin C will give you the runs and does nothing but nutritionlly support your body through the illness. It has no effect on symptoms or the duration of the illness.

Try this instead:

Oil of Oregano - or any "spice" combination like:

Cayanne
Garlic
Cumin
Sage
Cinnamon

Taken in pill or capsule is the BEST way to beat a cold or flu or reduce the length of a cold or flu cycle....

The best source for Oil of Oregano is a brand called "North American"...

Don't over do this stuff or exceed the recommended dose as they can thin the blood and cause excessive nosebleeds. I am talking from experience.

Too much vitamin C will give you the runs and does nothing but nutritionlly support your body through the illness. It has no effect on symptoms or the duration of the illness.

Try this instead:

Oil of Oregano - or any "spice" combination like:

Cayanne
Garlic
Cumin
Sage
Cinnamon

Taken in pill or capsule is the BEST way to beat a cold or flu or reduce the length of a cold or flu cycle....

The best source for Oil of Oregano is a brand called "North American"...

Don't over do this stuff or exceed the recommended dose as they can thin the blood and cause excessive nosebleeds. I am talking from experience.

I have never heard of the oil and oregano, I will have to try that out but i do believe that vitamin c in larger doses does shorten the duration of the common cold.

http://www.cochrane.org/reviews/en/ab000980.html

Yreah its good stuff...make sure you buy the capsules though and eat a meal with it...otherwise you'll have the worst heartburn and after taste...

Any hippie food and health store will have it...

I have a cold right now too...sucks

I also take vitamin C...but I take the brand "Emergen-C" in a glass of water...tonnes of different flavours and mineral options...

Yreah its good stuff...make sure you buy the capsules though and eat a meal with it...otherwise you'll have the worst heartburn and after taste...

hehe i kinda like the taste, sometimes i pop one in my mouth and suck on it. :redface:

Also heard about large doses of it helping with muscle repair. i dont have a source i made a post about it and some people tended to agree with it helping. it doesnt hurt to take large doses, thats the main thing :p

hehe i kinda like the taste, sometimes i pop one in my mouth and suck on it. :redface:

Also heard about large doses of it helping with muscle repair. i dont have a source i made a post about it and some people tended to agree with it helping. it doesnt hurt to take large doses, thats the main thing :p

What?? you're kidding me...thats bad...worse than fish oils...I remember chewing one by accident with food...nasty.

nah, there are just bitter, i dont mind it. curbs my sweet tooth sometimes.

I take 2 grams a day split up now when I get sick.

I am content that even if vitamin C dosen't do anything at least there is a placebo affect, and the placebo affect does work.

ColdFX works like a charm.. but i think its only available in canada still

Any hippie food and health store will have it...

I have a cold right now too...sucks

I also take vitamin C...but I take the brand "Emergen-C" in a glass of water...tonnes of different flavours and mineral options...

damn heartburn I cant even hardly eat pizza any more, but ya I saw one of those emergen-c commercials, im going to pick some of that up, and give it a try.

i got those 1000mg tablets

pop 1 in the morning and 1 post workout and i tend to be cold free

Back