virtual reality fighting games

Robocok

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I posted in the gear section but this probably belongs in this forum

There's now virtual reality goggles like occulus rift that track your head and hand movement. There's a boxing game available but the technology is new so the game has some issues, but I imagine that there's probably potential there as a training tool after they work out the bugs.

They could use a sensor like the xbox kinect to track your movement and give you different opponents with unique styles. What if you could select different coaches and the program analyzes your form while you strike? I'm probably getting carried away... after all, ain't nothing like the real thing.

Still, I look forward to trying this thing someday.

Joe Rogan talked about it

Ha, it's interesting that's for sure. Riding around in virtual reality on horseback, as an archer, fighting in an army sounds incredible.

The boxing thing also has potential. Mimicking a fighter seems a long ways though, especially to a realistic degree. Also, you might get really surprised when he acts different infront of you and expect something else.

Ha, it's interesting that's for sure. Riding around in virtual reality on horseback, as an archer, fighting in an army sounds incredible.

The boxing thing also has potential. Mimicking a fighter seems a long ways though, especially to a realistic degree. Also, you might get really surprised when he acts different infront of you and expect something else.
Agreed, the technology is in infant stage and has a ways to go. Still looks like fun though

As soon as a good lightsaber dueling game comes out it is all over.

The only problem with that is you won't have the feeling of hitting everything your swords would just go straight through each other :(

The only problem with that is you won't have the feeling of hitting everything your swords would just go straight through each other :(

But you don't feel it in any regular games and you feel nothing in any virtual reality game.

But you don't feel it in any regular games and you feel nothing in any virtual reality game.

In regular games something would block your strike, if you're swinging a virtual sword handle about it would get all out of sync

In regular games something would block your strike, if you're swinging a virtual sword handle about it would get all out of sync

Well, obviously the game could account for this, just like a game can account of moving into a place which would put you or part of you through a wall.

Back