• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Violence is always more vile than ideas

O

Overtures

I have maybe three friends that keep celebrating that video of the pasty fat Nazi guy getting knocked out by some random Antifa person. I finally watched it. It's absolutely fucking vile.

I don't care what your beliefs are, there are non that should provoke violence. Not because the Nazis don't deserve to be KTFO, but because people who act out in violence against them are feigning morality to justify immoral behavior.

This whole "antifa" shit can stop now.

PS:

Donald Trump is still the GOAT worst president of all time and literally worthless.

Punching a person whose aims are to drive civilization into a black hole of hateful and unproductive policy because of their own insecurities is at worst a moral grey area.

Moral absolutism is for the privileged and the dim-witted.

Punching a person whose aims are to drive civilization into a black hole of hateful and unproductive policy because of their own insecurities is at worst a moral grey area.

No gray area.

It's wrong.

Nazis thought Jews were the ill of all Germany's problems. They just knew their world was being driven into a black hole, so they started murdering them.

We have a war of ideas, and a war of arms. The former is our best hope for a durable future. The moment you use violence against those you oppose, you give them the same liberty, and debates turn into who has the most punching power.

Sounds like the puncher and the punchee have much in common. God bless the First Amendment.

Technically it's wrong and if the cops are able to catch the guy who does something like that then they should charge him. But I can't feel sorry for some dumb fuck who dresses up and acts like that catching a beatdown. It's like my brother told me that there was some guy he worked with who went out on Halloween dressed as Bin Laden, it was either the year it happened or 2002. Well the guy got the shit kicked out of him and actually got put in the hospital. Like yea, it's wrong but am I really supposed to feel bad for the guy? You're basically trolling to the point where you have to accept it.

My problem with the Antifa types is more how they sometimes expand their definition of Nazi/fascist to a retarded degree and how they threaten violence to use a heckler's veto to shut down speakers they don't agree with.

punching a nazi? not ok. bombing a country? sure!

Like yea, it's wrong but am I really supposed to feel bad for the guy? You're basically trolling to the point where you have to accept it.

What I'm hearing is you putting sentiment ahead of principle here. God forbid the law agrees.

senemd5r10by.gif

Anyone who uses offensive violence should be put down like a rabid dog by CCW bystanders.

punching a nazi? not ok. bombing a country? sure!

This post is why the moral argument should also be accompanied by a legitimacy argument.

Violence lacks legitimacy.

This is true for the US government as much as it is for antifa, or a white supremacist militia.

There is a cost to losing legitimacy. It is strategically flawed, and stupid.

I guess? I still don't really see how it ties in to what I posted but it's all good.

Your post didn't seem to show support for the First Amendment. This quote sounds like it describes such a person.

a person whose aims are to drive civilization into a black hole of hateful and unproductive policy because of their own insecurities

Your post didn't seem to show support for the First Amendment. This quote sounds like it describes such a person.

I really don't see how my post had anything to do with the First Amendment. Seems a stretch to call me hateful and insecure and that I want to drive civilization into a black hole based on my post lmao that's why I was wondering if you were drunk.

Sometimes a dude who has been looking for trouble finally finds someone who has been looking for the same thing, and something has gotta give. I'll go out on a psychological limb here, but if you are frequenting rallies dressed as a nazi, something went very wrong in your life somewhere along the way and you are headed in the wrong direction. Getting your jaw wired shut for a while might provide you a much needed opportunity for silence and introspection before you end up in (or return to) the penitentiary. Or maybe he would like sucking white dicks in prison for protection from blacks and Mexicans, I don't know, I'm not a doctor.

Back