(Videos) Bluebelt fighting in Advanced division

at least it's friendly :D

Ya some of our guys train at Jacksons as well and some of there guys come to train in the gi with us. We all get along very well but for sure at competitions we're trying to kill each other

In the first match the guy didn't stack, try and pass or do anything. He just hung out there, I noticed you didn't quite have the triangle locked in the first couple of times. However, once you sunk it in deep and hooked the leg he tapped right away.

In the second match I noticed that your opponent looks rather tired, he postures up in your guard and takes a deep breath at about 3:05. He then appears to rest his head on your chest to regain some gas. (This may explain the lackluster performances on his part.)

But congradulations on racking up a couple of wins, and big props on being so active in competition. Two thumbs up.

YEAH! Gracie Barra! GRACIE BARRA! :D

Nice job with the triangles. Remember you can grab your shin, unlock it, adjust and re-lock it up to make it tighter, though. I think you could have finished the second guy much faster if you did that. Still, you got the tap though, and that's what counts.

i enjoyed the celebration.

tho im not exactly impartial :)

nice work ts

Thank you for the video. I like that alot. Something new to work on

Thats what I've heard. I've never really watched many dvds but if his are all that good I'll have to invest in them

Thank you for the video. I like that alot. Something new to work on

I actually thought that's what you were trying to and just couldn't get the angle just right (it really looks like you were stomping with your right leg!?) so you went back to the traditional method.... Great matches either way and congratulations!

Last edited:
Good job Dave, hope to see you and Rafael in AZ next week if you're coming.

If it was your second tourament , how do you have such a huge record?

He said second tournament w/ heel hooks.

I see. Good matches. FYI I'm not sure but maybe squeezing your knees in more while you pull down. That helped my triangle. Lot of guys forget to squeeze in

I actually thought that's what you were trying to and just couldn't get the angle just right (it really looks like you were stomping with your right leg!?) so you went back to the traditional method.... Great matches either way and congratulations!

He actually sort of ended up with the angle, but it looked almost by accident. I wasn't sure until he responded to the video, actually.

I always go for the angle but had never seen it broken down like that. It not a totally foreign concept to me but I just was impressed with how Ryan broke it down and explained it.

uh??? niether one of these guys look like brown belts even though it is no gi. The first guy is wearing gi pants in no gi wtf?? does he want to be controlled easier or what? maybe you can't grab the pants but it seems it gives you better handling with pants on.

In the second match the guy definitely did not look like a brown belt. He was decent at transitioning but still into bad positions.

Either way great job on winning. Congrats.

80% of the time i wera gi pants in nogi, the additional friction and conrtol for my high guard & triangles is sworth the trade off IMO

aoxhj4.jpg

Back