(video) Urijah Faber teaches how to shoot

Cardio King

Blue Belt
Reaction score
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0ptyCRRDjIs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0ptyCRRDjIs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I like the HighC-Double-Single-Double-HighC drill he shows, promotes mobility after the penetration. Probably would burn the legs/calves too if done with intensity.

No wonder the California Kid is so efficient in the scramble...

Nice find, now I need to start working those drills.

My guess would be the hat is to contain his irritatingly long hair. Or he's a douche. Or both.

The hat and his fixing his hair cracked me up.
No one can contest the amount of fuck he does not give.

Good find, thanks.

Not the most enthusiastic instructor, but good nevertheless

I met Urijah and he roolz. This is pretty elementary instruction though. I'd be pissed if I went to a seminar and this is what I got. Maybe that's what the class asked for though, so I will hold off judgement.

I met Urijah and he roolz. This is pretty elementary instruction though. I'd be pissed if I went to a seminar and this is what I got. Maybe that's what the class asked for though, so I will hold off judgement.

I depends on the group. If they are not strong in wrestling, this would be huge. To be honest, unless they come from a previous wrestling background most MMA guys don't have good takedowns and they sure as hell can't transition.

I depends on the group. If they are not strong in wrestling, this would be huge. To be honest, unless they come from a previous wrestling background most MMA guys don't have good takedowns and they sure as hell can't transition.

QFT

Elementary instruction is good instruction. Knowing the basics is very important because it forms the foundation of everything else. You might start off with a basic technique to see how the class does it too during a seminar. You can proceed quicker if they seem like they know how to shoot. If they take more time, you can slow the seminar down. Besides, the more advanced stuff was probably not posted so people would go to Urijah's seminars.

Elementary instruction is good instruction. Knowing the basics is very important because it forms the foundation of everything else. You might start off with a basic technique to see how the class does it too during a seminar. You can proceed quicker if they seem like they know how to shoot. If they take more time, you can slow the seminar down. Besides, the more advanced stuff was probably not posted so people would go to Urijah's seminars.

Gee!! I'm with Frodo on this one! lol

Just look at mma fight, i will say 90% of the shoot are technicaly dam ugly. So even most of the ufc fighters shoot like noobs.

This vid is wrestling 101. Nice and tight shoot, with correct tech. I'm still drilling my shoot. When you have correct technique, you can focus on setup and timming.

Obviously it's very important to learn basics. I just would rather my teacher show me those things. If I am paying money for Urijah to teach (or Marcelo, Jacare, Roger, etc) I would hope to learn something different that I might be able to add to my game.

That being said my post said that maybe that's what the class asked for in which case that's totally cool.

Obviously it's very important to learn basics. I just would rather my teacher show me those things. If I am paying money for Urijah to teach (or Marcelo, Jacare, Roger, etc) I would hope to learn something different that I might be able to add to my game.

That being said my post said that maybe that's what the class asked for in which case that's totally cool.

I don't think Urijah could teach something spectacular like a Marcelo, Roger, or Jacare. He's not spectacular at anything, he just puts it all together really well. Learning something at an MMA seminar is alot different from a BJJ seminar. I don't think Urijah can teach how to strike like A. Silva, or takedowns like Koscheck, or BJJ for MMA like Penn or Nog. So at his seminar you're gonna get quality instruction in basics.

I don't think Urijah could teach something spectacular like a Marcelo, Roger, or Jacare. He's not spectacular at anything, he just puts it all together really well. Learning something at an MMA seminar is alot different from a BJJ seminar. I don't think Urijah can teach how to strike like A. Silva, or takedowns like Koscheck, or BJJ for MMA like Penn or Nog. So at his seminar you're gonna get quality instruction in basics.

Good point...and I'm probably biased since I only train BJJ and have a wrestling background. I wouldn't be looking for something spectacular (I don't need flying submissions or spinning backfist combos from Urijah), but I would love to learn some escapes, punch to shot combos, or MMA guard passes rather then a garden variety double leg takedown.

30lpdet.jpg

I like Urijah, but why the hell does he insist on wearing a hat during a takedown drill?

Back