VIDEO: Teddy Atlas teaching Ngannou the check left hook that finished Stipe

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score

Atlas been in the game of boxing for a long time
GargantuanIdleEskimodog-max-1mb.gif

He was doing left hook since his first UFC fight against Henrique, but still a cool video

Funny I remembered that as well when seeing the finish. That left hook was much cleaner than it used to be, no loading, fast, accurate.

"We can't learn it in one day, but I can open your mind in one day!"

Full video

Ahh day 1 Fundamentals, they always work. Sometimes people are too eager to abandon all the basics and go full unconventional and then end up paying the price, master the basics.

Mike Tyson always stayed cocked slightly down and to the left...his jab was more like a straight left because his stance was basically squared up at all times.

Bas fought the same way, squared up...Bas didn't believe in the jab.

He was doing left hook since his first UFC fight against Henrique, but still a cool video
He was doing left hooks you mean...this is a short snappy one...Nganou already had power but Atlas teaching him the basics on how to beat his opponent to the punch is key...short straights and crosses will always beat a haymaker...Francis didn't even need to wind his arms to get full power...
example of a short hook vs. Woodley's haymaker...
TestyDetailedBushbaby-size_restricted.gif

again short punch vs. wide punch...
PowerfulUnsteadyEuropeanfiresalamander-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

Ghj1.gif

Last edited:
He was doing left hooks you mean...this is a short snappy one...Nganou already had power but Atlas teaching him the basics on how to beat his opponent to the punch is key...short straights and crosses will always beat a haymaker...Francis didn't even need to wind his arms to get full power...

Don't know if you can fully put a 2h session with Teddy over 3 years with XtremCouture though.
But I agree his boxing was sharper, to the body this 2-1 straight : before the finish he never did that

Don't know if you can fully put a 2h session with Teddy over 3 years with XtremCouture though.
But I agree his boxing was sharper, to the body this 2-1 straight : before the finish he never did that
If he keeps training on both camps...he will keep improving..he has shown a lot with his last fight. He was throwing leg kicks, defending takedowns, he was a bit techincal than just trying to knock Stipe's head off...there's a reason Jon Jones might not want this fight...Francis has vastly improved than just a KO artist...he's figuring out the game...

If he keeps training on both camps...he will keep improving..he has shown a lot with his last fight. He was throwing leg kicks, defending takedowns, he was a bit techincal than just trying to knock Stipe's head off...there's a reason Jon Jones might not want this fight...Francis has vastly improved than just a KO artist...he's figuring out the game...
He throw leg kicks from his first MMA fight and defend TD from his first UFC fight, go rewatch his career ,against Henrique ,against Blaydes, lot of TD stuff, leg kicks thrown. His best display of leg kicks against JDS he managed to land 4 brutal leg kicks in less that 1mn11 that made JDS panick and land a floppy right hand.

Édit :

bjYU3e.gif

wY4Nr1.gif

EzSdwE.gif

rbQEGU.gif

Funny I remembered that as well when seeing the finish. That left hook was much cleaner than it used to be, no loading, fast, accurate.

"We can't learn it in one day, but I can open your mind in one day!"

Full video

Francis has very clean technique when he doesn't go crazy and windmill. He's also insanely fast and smooth with his punches for someone his size. Seriously, that combination of speed, size, power and technique is something else. He could transition to HW boxing and do very well I think. However, his biggest weakness might be his mindset and fight IQ.

example of a short hook vs. Woodley's haymaker...
TestyDetailedBushbaby-size_restricted.gif

again short punch vs. wide punch...
PowerfulUnsteadyEuropeanfiresalamander-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

Ghj1.gif

Thanks... Nice clips Bro

He taught him that before his fight against Jair only for Francis to go full windmill
And Rozenstruick caught him with the check left hook as he was comming in swinging sloppy but didnt put enough power behind to send him face first. In this fight he was very aware and technical.

He throw leg kicks from his first MMA fight and defend TD from his first UFC fight, go rewatch his career ,against Henrique ,against Blaydes, lot of TD stuff, leg kicks thrown. His best display of leg kicks against JDS he managed to land 4 brutal leg kicks in less that 1mn11 that made JDS panick and land a floppy right hand.

Édit :

bjYU3e.gif

wY4Nr1.gif

EzSdwE.gif

rbQEGU.gif
So much kick.

Yea that head kick was really nice. Never saw that coming.

I was a bit sceptical on his improvements since the first Stipe fight. Conseriding how short all of his fights have been since then. But last saturday showed us that his game has improved in a big way.

Back