Video Recommendations

CowboyPete

Green Belt
Reaction score
Anyone have any video recommendations for the newb wrestlers? How about bjj? Sambo?

how about wrestling? I am of the opinion that greco roman wrestling has the most effective takedowns.

1) Darrell Gholar - Vale Tudo Takedowns is a great bargain at about $30
2) The 5 DVD MMA (from a more wrestling-oriented perspective) set by Dan Henderson is available from www.centuryvision.com for about $60.00
* Couture's stuff from Century is also good, but more expensive

if you post this on the gear forum it might get more posts, and you can do a search over there also and get a lot of threads to read on this. lots of info

CowboyPete said:
how about wrestling? I am of the opinion that greco roman wrestling has the most effective takedowns.
it doesn't (just because couture uses it doesn't mean its the most effective) you can't use your legs at all they hardly work on shots which you do need ... its great for upper body takedowns/clinch work but it has a lot of holes you need a background in freestyle wrestling or something else to make it really effective

Hey cowboyPete, wrestlers do have good take downs but often fall to submissions due to posting thier arms on an opponent once on the ground. I have rolled with many MMA fighters and find the best ones on the ground use a combination of wrestling and Jiu-Jitsu. I personally like the Kibun Video for it has both wrestling and Jiu-Jitsu in it. Alot of techniques for only $40

Back