[video] JDS - STRENGTH & CONDITIONING

Nice video. Can anybody tell me the name of the music that starts at about 0:55?

I feel like his trainer shouldn't make him deadlift in running shoes, even if 315 is relatively light.

I still say he looks scared of the weights...

They weren't made naturally, after all...

i saw some exercises that i doubt will help him or anybody else as a fighter...

i saw some exercises that i doubt will help him or anybody else as a fighter...

I'm sure his S&C coach is far less qualified than you.

Protip: There's not one right way to train.

The way he's doing those deadlifts can't be good for his back in the long run surely?

I'm no professional, but i thought you weren't supposed to round your back like that.

The way he's doing those deadlifts can't be good for his back in the long run surely?

I'm no professional, but i thought you weren't supposed to round your back like that.

Well the lower spine must be kept straight and stable. The upper back will round a little for any lifter lifting teh heavy weights. When you watch any of the top end powerlifters deadlift (like Andy Bolton, guy deadlifts 1000+), their upper back rounds a bit but the lumbar is kept stable.

Also, JDS was resting at standing position and dropping/bouncing the weight off the ground. Technically, this is not even a deadlift, but a "Romanian deadlift." A deadlift means that the weight is dead on the ground (hence the name) and that you use your strength to lift it to a standing position. After this, you drop or set the weight down. There is no negative movement in the exercise. Trying to lower a 600 lbs weight slowly and putting all that tension on your lumbar = herniated disc.

The Romananian deadlift variation is supposed to target the lower back more. However, with heavy weights this also leads to a slew of back problems. Like I said above, putting a lot of mechanical tension on your lower back = problems.

On second thought I guess 315 for a Romanian deadlift isn't terrible. It's hardly worth bragging about, but it isn't TERRIBLE.

Last edited:
Alistair Overeem is not impressed by your performance

I love to see what pro athletes are doing for s&c. This was all surprisingly rudimentary stuff. Oh well.

Fedor at the end? Damn, one of the greatest fights we will never see (Fedor would whoop Ubers ass)

Yeah, it is. I don't know about todays Fedor vs Ubereem of today, but would be a huge fight for sure..

Alistair Overeem is not impressed by your performance

I'd like to see some of Overeems other traning......the ones we dont get to see that make him soooooooo much stronger. The lab training

This is very important for Junior in this fight.........vs a guy like Cain.

Would be nice to see Shogun do some of this

Back