Video Hosting sites that will allow long videos

platfox

Silver Belt
Reaction score
Youtube allowed me to upload 1 hour+ long videos for a little while. I was able to upload about 5 videos, each over an hour long. I tried again recently and it told me that I need a special account to do so now. They didn't remove the ones I already uploaded though, they are still there.

Does anyone know a video hosting site that I can upload 1-2 hour long videos?

Vimeo. also try daily motion

Vimeo. also try daily motion

They allow long videos huh? I'll create an account on Vimeo first and give it a shot. I browsed the site real quick and couldn't find upload restrictions. I did see that you can view whole movies. Hopefully it doesn't require a special account. Good looking out.

Edit: Vimeo says I can only upload videos I created myself. I'm trying to upload a movie I ripped from a dvd I bought.. I wanted to be able to share it with a friend across the country without having to mail it to him.

Uploading Guidelines

1. I will upload only videos I created myself.
You must own or hold all necessary rights (copyrights, etc.) to your video.
"I have permission" does not mean you created it.
Directors, DPs, editors, musicians, graphic effects artists, and actors may upload works to which they have contributed significantly.
Public domain videos are not allowed.
Please add your role/involvement in the video description to avoid accidental deletion.

Last edited:
They allow long videos huh? I'll create an account on Vimeo first and give it a shot. I browsed the site real quick and couldn't find upload restrictions. I did see that you can view whole movies. Hopefully it doesn't require a special account. Good looking out.

Edit: Vimeo says I can only upload videos I created myself. I'm trying to upload a movie I ripped from a dvd I bought.. I wanted to be able to share it with a friend across the country without having to mail it to him.

Why not set up a live stream and watch it together?

LMAO at you actually taking their word. You can upload whatever the hell you want. I do it all the time. I've even uploaded a nearly 2 hour video. Not mine of course :cool:.

Why not set up a live stream and watch it together?

Its a 3 dvd jiu jitsu instructional. About 5-6 hour run time total. Not really a one sitting type affair.

LMAO at you actually taking their word. You can upload whatever the hell you want. I do it all the time. I've even uploaded a nearly 2 hour video. Not mine of course :cool:.

Word, I may just do that then. What's the worse that happens right, they just take it down? So I take it I have to rip the dvds and convert it to like avi format or something?

Its a 3 dvd jiu jitsu instructional. About 5-6 hour run time total. Not really a one sitting type affair.

Word, I may just do that then. What's the worse that happens right, they just take it down? So I take it I have to rip the dvds and convert it to like avi format or something?

I've had my video up for three months now. Not a single warning. A LOT of copyrighted content is there.

It accepts any type of video format, just as long as it doesn't exceed 5gb's.

I've had my video up for three months now. Not a single warning. A LOT of copyrighted content is there.

It accepts any type of video format, just as long as it doesn't exceed 5gb's.

Right on brotha. Thanks.

Back