Video from my match yesterday

gsxrpaul

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Last edited:
Video ended up grainy since i had to splice together a few videos. I ended up losing 9-9 with 4 advantages to 3. Looking back at both videos of the match I can see some points where I could have done things differently.
Here is the angle that my family filmed for me
YouTube - Paul Kugtar BJJ Challenge

and here is the angle filmed by one of my teammates.
pt. 1
YouTube - 7-31-10 Kutgars - paul v unk part 1.AVI
pt. 2
YouTube - 7-31-10 Kutgars - paul v unk part 2.AVI

That was an awesomely sloppy match. But on a positive note you almost won.

here you go,
family's view

part 1 of teammates view

part 2

good luck in the future

Hey man props...you are the dude with hair in the video ?

Good job...you lost but...a lot of people talk about doing all the training and some people actually do it.

Quick advice if you don't mind.

You stand to upright when you first engage....widen stance and sometimes well in a lot of cases having the higher grip means less leverage and balance for you.

Try to get the underhook. You already know this but in the video you didnt do that.

Never leave one arm in, thats death by armbar or triangle.

Last thing, slow down, don't get over excited, the calmest person usually wins a match when you are at same levels.

and u lost????

what the hell were the judges looking at?

and u lost????

what the hell were the judges looking at?

???
It was his academy's tournament, so the ref was also from his academy as well as the scorekeepers. This isn't why I lost, I lost because I didn't finish the choke or the armbar I had.

If you would have curled your ankles back instead of crossing them, you would have finished the armbar.

I wasn't driving my hips as much as I should have either. I need to change my mindset during comps to go full out, and not like I do when I am sparring with my teammates.

Back