(vid) Judo Foot Sweep

It's not a foot sweep, it's a foot prop. Pulling your opponent isn't really a detail but a virtual requirement.

Decent video though.

Decent Sasae, but like others said it's not a sweep.

Trick is getting your opponent to move, getting out of your own way, and not putting yourself off balance for the prop.

basic, getting an opponent to step like that can be tricky.

What's the difference between that and Ashi Barai.

I pull the Sasae off all the time, but only against angry noobs who are running into me.

What's the difference between that and Ashi Barai.

I pull the Sasae off all the time, but only against angry noobs who are running into me.

I think the difference is that in Sasae Tsurikomi Ashi, you make him step and block his foot more from the front.

In De Ashi Barai, you make him step and instead sweep his foot out more from the back.

I'm not an expert on the classification of Judo throws, but I have always considered that to be a main difference.

I think the difference is that in Sasae Tsurikomi Ashi, you make him step and block his foot more from the front.

In De Ashi Barai, you make him step and instead sweep his foot out more from the back.

I'm not an expert on the classification of Judo throws, but I have always considered that to be a main difference.

Ah, thanks.

You can see the difference just reading the name

De ashi Barai = Forward Foot Sweep (you sweep the foot while he is moving forwar)

Sasae tsurikomi ashi = Lifting Pulling Ankle Block (you block the ankle with your foot while lifting and pulling with your arm)

the placement of sasae and de ashi are different, also you can blatantly tell that de ashi is a sweep, where sasae is a prop (you're basically tripping him over your leg)

Back