Victor "Victorious" Ortiz

DanaRed

White Belt
Reaction score
This is my main man right here. He has been my favorite boxer as long as I can remember. He always put's on a good show no matter what, I mean he may take alot of flack for quitting against Maidana and for quiting against Josesito Lopez, but still he remains a good fighter. He has also packed on alot of muscle since the Maidana fight and he was a young up and comer' during that fight. It wasn't his fault he lost to Maidana, he said he couldn't see very well during the fight and he was scared for the sake of his physical safety. He also felt the same way when he got his jaw broke. He will continue to fight instead of having a lifelong rehabilitating injury.

The Mayweather fight was a joke. Mayweather cheap shotted him so hard. I can't believe there was not an immediate rematch. It was ludacris. MY boy Vicious was tearing him apart man. There was about to be Mayweather's first loss. I mean it can happen to anybody even Pacman. I'm pretty sure Mayweather would have ran into Victors Left hand the same way Pacman did.

Not only is he an awesome boxer, he is extremely good looking. HE is also a model for underwear companies and when your really really really ridicuously good looking you are a potential draw. Especially for the women that don't even watch boxing. Some women watch boxing strictly because they fantasize about sexing the guy's they are watching. I'm pretty sure it happens all the time with Victor. His hair is also always perfect. He can have it anyway and it would still look great.' Hell, even bald.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EtrJM4FKBA <-------- His music career is about to blow up even after his boxing career is over. Which probably won't be for awhile. Man he has his shit together that's all I have to say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7VNlTb50L4

Victor Ortiz is young, why would he want this fight to potentially ruin his whole career?

Sure, it's admirable to fight on with heart, but you're not a 'quitter' for taking a different approach, considering your career and long term consequences, it's called micromanaging your life for the macro picture. Life isn't&#65279; about making the choices that feel great now but will hold you up in the future.

He did the right thing. People who say he is a quitter are probably procrastinating from life now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy3ICScn7oA

Diane-diane-lane-6819704-1600-1200.jpg

Flying headbutts during a boxing match are illegal. Punching during a boxing match is not.

Flying headbutts during a boxing match are illegal. Punching during a boxing match is not.

Eddie Honda threw them. No wait, that's a street fight, my bad.

Eddie Honda threw them. No wait, that's a street fight, my bad.

Well Victor Ortiz is from Garden "Gangsta" City. So he must throw down in street fights like all the time man. Give him a break.

I wanna see him fight Maidana again. I think he would have his number this time.

Also he would kick Josesito's ass cuz he already was. That was a lucky punch.

and Floyd. Well Floyd, is Floyd. No argument there.

I never really liked the idea that Ortiz is a quitter. Most base this idea on the MAidana and Lopez fights which is horse shit. Maidana was laying a beating on the guy and had him hurt bad. Had Ortiz just stayed down after the last KD, we'd have said he had great heart. But because he stood up before realizing how badly he was hurt, he got crucified.

His injury in the Lopez fight was quite severe.

I never really liked the idea that Ortiz is a quitter. Most base this idea on the MAidana and Lopez fights which is horse shit. Maidana was laying a beating on the guy and had him hurt bad. Had Ortiz just stayed down after the last KD, we'd have said he had great heart. But because he stood up before realizing how badly he was hurt, he got crucified.

Disagree completely with the Maidana fight...

He quit...quit in the most shameful way imaginable.

Worse so than quitting on your stool between rounds.

Disagree completely with the Maidana fight...

He quit...quit in the most shameful way imaginable.

Worse so than quitting on your stool between rounds.

I agree.

I hope this thread is a joke. Victor Ortiz is a perennial failure. I'm sure his music career will tank, too.

I agree.

I hope this thread is a joke. Victor Ortiz is a perennial failure. I'm sure his music career will tank, too.

As Kellerman said...this was a "defining moment" for Ortiz...and it was...

Unless Maidana broke his ribs (similar to Virgil Hill vs RJJ) than I can understand...

ortiz just gave up...on national TV...

I'm sorry but if I ever made it that far in the boxing world, you would have to kill my ass before I gave up in that fashion.

The one that got me was his draw with Peterson. He drops the guy multiple times, looks to have an impressive finish (or at least wide decision) on his record... and he just stops. He doesn't do anything. For about eight rounds he just wanders around aimlessly while Peterson tees off on him.

As you say, there's legitimate reasons that can be given for the two famous "quitting" examples and you can look at his mindfart against Mayweather as him getting angry and frustrated... but Peterson? I've got no idea.

I'm sorry but if I ever made it that far in the boxing world, you would have to kill my ass before I gave up in that fashion.

What is your experience in boxing, if I might ask? Are you currently attempting to become a world champion?

The chances of you making it that far are highly unlikely. But you don't think Ortiz took that Maidana loss and made something great of it. In the fight against Berto he just wouldn't take no for an answer and he just kept coming back and coming back. IT worked out for him and he got the shot against Mayweather.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLnKZsh6ZvY

He also had a line of other products he is gonna sell and he is going to dominate the cologne world. VO for life.

http://www.colognes.com/eclectic-collections/celebrities/VO.aspx

The one that got me was his draw with Peterson. He drops the guy multiple times, looks to have an impressive finish (or at least wide decision) on his record... and he just stops. He doesn't do anything. For about eight rounds he just wanders around aimlessly while Peterson tees off on him.

As you say, there's legitimate reasons that can be given for the two famous "quitting" examples and you can look at his mindfart against Mayweather as him getting angry and frustrated... but Peterson? I've got no idea.

Yeah, people often over look this one as well...it was very Joshua Clottey Esque...he just stopped fighting, for whatever reason.

Coming off his Berto win (great win, great performance) and leading up to PBF...I thought to myself, "this guy has finally got his shit together..." how wrong I was.

When it comes down to incredibly adverse situations he folds almost all the time.

I agree.

eh, I don't care to stick up for Ortiz because the guy seems like a wang of a person but the guys held world titles. Failure is the wrong word. Disappointment perhaps.

eh, I don't care to stick up for Ortiz because the guy seems like a wang of a person but the guys held world titles. Failure is the wrong word. Disappointment perhaps.

When the going got tough...when the shit really hit the fan...when shit got real, Ortiz failed on several occasions.

When the going got tough...when the shit really hit the fan...when shit got real, Ortiz failed on several occasions.

Against Floyd sure.

Go to the MMA forum with the "Shameful quitting" crap. Ortiz was badly hurt in both of those fights.

Against Floyd sure.

Go to the MMA forum with the "Shameful quitting" crap. Ortiz was badly hurt in both of those fights.

I'm not speaking of the Lopez fight...

MMA has nothing to do with it...I'm not sure why you insist on trying to denigrate the sport...but if you want to bring it up, Hendo and Shogun had more heart in their one fight, than all of Ortiz's fights combined...

Ortiz's "no mas" was on par with Andrew Golota's against Mike Tyson.

Back