VH1 Soul
Logo
Palladia
Comedy Central
Spike
Kids & Family Group
Nickelodeon
Nick 2/Nick at Nite
Nick Jr. (Previously known as Noggin from February 2, 1999 until its relaunch September 28, 2009 as Nick Jr.)
TeenNick (Previously known as The N from April 1, 2002 until its relaunch September 28, 2009 as TeenNick)
Nicktoons
Nick Gas (1999–2009)
NickMom
TV Land
CMT
CMT Pure Country
CMT (Canada) (10%)

BET Networks
BET
BET Hip-Hop
BET Gospel
Centric

Viacom International Media Networks
Colors TV
TMF
VIVA
Tr3s
Channel 5
5*
5USA
Channel 5 +1
Channel 5 +24

Internet

Atom Entertainment, which consists of AddictingGames, Atom Uploads, and Shockwave.com
BET.com
GoCityKids
Monkey Quest
MTV.com
Nick.com
Quizilla
Smartplanet.com
Ratemyprofessor.com

Record Labels

Comedy Central Records
Nick Records

---------------------------------------------------------------

I have to ask, with the amount of content now owned and controlled by one Company, is this good or bad for the Nation?

Thought this could make for some good War Room discussions.

Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act (GLBA), also known as the Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999 is of great interest.

It's always crazy when you start looking into these giant companies

"Voting control of Viacom is held by National Amusements, Inc., a privately owned theater company controlled in turn by billionaire Sumner Redstone"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viacom

"Through National Amusements, the Redstones control both the CBS Corporation (owner of CBS) and Viacom (owner of Paramount Pictures) through supervoting shares.

The company operates more than 1,500 movie screens across the United States, the United Kingdom, Latin America, and Russia under its Showcase Cinemas, Multiplex Cinemas, Cinema de Lux, and KinoStar brands.

National Amusements is equal partners in MovieTickets.com.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Amusements

Ladies and gentlemen, please meet one of your resident Oligarchs

Sumner Murray Redstone (born Sumner Murray Rothstein; May 27, 1923)

serveimage

^

s12d5w.jpg

It's even more frightening then I thought.

Great info IDL, thanks for the post.

haha yeah that's an appropriate gif

Since Redstone controls both Viacom and CBS, you can add the large list of CBS programming to that list controlled by one family.

I clicked on CNN earlier, and they had something on the front page about "why the VMA" are important. Or something. It is the top news story in America probably. It is almost unavoidable. It is a cultural osmosis that few people are truly protected from.

I clicked on CNN earlier, and they had something on the front page about "why the VMA" are important. Or something. It is the top news story in America probably. It is almost unavoidable. It is a cultural osmosis that few people are truly protected from.

Everything is being centralized?

Humanity Collective Consciousness "Hive Mind"?

hive-mind_group-think_2_72_92.jpg

I don't get how there's enough popular music videos to even warrant an award show nowadays.

So what? MTV is awesome and Miley Cyrus did an amazing job tonight. Also, Summer Redstone is a patriot, philanthropist and badazz. If it wasn't for him CBS wouldn't be what it is today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone once posted a fantastic video of Bernie Sanders discussing why it was so bad for (then) six companies to control all American media. It's probably fewer companies now.

I can't find it, but if anyone has a link they should post it.

Someone once posted a fantastic video of Bernie Sanders discussing why it was so bad for (then) six companies to control all American media. It's probably fewer companies now.

Since two of those companies (Viacom and CBS) are controlled by one family, it might as well be 5

I don't get how there's enough popular music videos to even warrant an award show nowadays.

Let alone have it played on 5 (that I counted) different channels simultaneously ...including "Comedy Central" ?? ...lol...wtf.

I'm not going to lie, I've watched the VMA's every year since about 92'-2002, since then I'll tune in for a minute before I get disgusted.

I think it was around 2002-2005 MTV started planting actors in their audience to wave their hands and scream the entire event to give the illusion people really care.

Watched a little bit tonight..

regret i did.

Looking for it now ...I'll try and dig it up, never seen it but I'm very interested.

5a16da1f56ba5ecda20948cd42026c76.jpg

Broadcasting mind control be careful. Trust no one but your own knowledge and skill unless proven otherwise. :icon_chee

Let alone have it played on 5 (that I counted) different channels simultaneously ...including "Comedy Central" ?? ...lol...wtf.

I'm not going to lie, I've watched the VMA's every year since about 92'-2002, since then I'll tune in for a minute before I get disgusted.

I think it was around 2002-2005 MTV started planting actors in their audience to wave their hands and scream the entire event to give the illusion people really care.

Watched a little bit tonight..

regret i did.

Bread and Circuses my friend.

Was addicted to Mtv in the 90's back when every genre was exploding with talent. Now I couldn't care less. It's no longer about art and hasn't been for some time now.

what's scary is NBC/Universal being owned by Comcast (I see now GE is the parent company) but this could end up like the old Hollywood days when movie studios owned theaters and picked which theaters got to show their movies. I wouldn't be surprised if we see CBS/Viacom make play to acquire DirecTV.

Looking for it now ...I'll try and dig it up, never seen it but I'm very interested.

5a16da1f56ba5ecda20948cd42026c76.jpg

I'm actually kinda surprised it's high as six. Figured it'd be one or two.

Government had done a terrible job at the one piece of regulating the market we all could agree on years back, anti-trust. Now they just let everything become gigantic and say it's to big to fail.

Back