Media VERY Old sparring video between Conor McGregor & Artem Lobov

Artem actually is a great fighter, but his physical attributes arent great whatsoever. He isnt blessed with long enough limbs. I respect the shit out of him tho.

Nice sparring.

Thanks for the video. Conor is a natural fluid striker. You cant teach that if you dont have it.

Nice sparring.

Thanks for the video. Conor is a natural fluid striker. You cant teach that if you dont have it.
YES. YES you can.

If you start martial arts at single-digit age, which is when martial arts is supposed to be started... then YES you can absolute teach that.

artem is a good striker. he one touch sob also. his issue is that he walks forward way too much. mobile strikers land a little more then he does and if he doesn't put them away, they win rounds. he's skilled, but lacks strategy in his striking game.

All Artem GOAT jokes aside you have to give the dude credit for being able to tough his way through his UFC stint. Yes we all know that he's there because he's Connors boy.

However the fact that he wasn't completely wrecked in every one of his fights is quite amazing considering how subpar his technique is.

YES. YES you can.

If you start martial arts at single-digit age, which is when martial arts is supposed to be started... then YES you can absolute teach that.

Nah. Its about bodytype. Yes everybody can become good strikers with training.

But there are a few types of striking styles. You cant really pick and choose. Your bodytype and muscle fibers will kinda choose for you.

Nah. Its about bodytype. Yes everybody can become good strikers with training.

But there are a few types of striking styles. You cant really pick and choose. Your bodytype and muscle fibers will kinda choose for you.
Nah, this is bs. I had a very different body type when I started training at 6 years of age.

You get to learn basically everything, then when you're an adult you adapt what works best for you. When you start training from such a young age, you start conditioning your body and muscles from such a young age... next thing you know people are freaking out about how fucking amazing you are for breaking a baseball bat off your shin... like, dude, almost every nakmuay can do that.

Your perspective makes sense if you speak of the point of view of somebody who starts training when their body-type is already developed... I'm guessing you started training in your late teen years, or perhaps young adult years. Am I right?

Remember watching Artum on tuf. He had some legit striking skills

Gotta dig up old footage because you can’t find highlights from their last fights

Sbg - “if it goes to the ground its not really a fight anymore”

From that gym to being the first double champ. You have to give it to Conor even if you hate him. Guy made lots of sacrifice and hard work, its clear. I hope he enjoy his retirement. Well deserved.

Nah, this is bs. I had a very different body type when I started training at 6 years of age.

You get to learn basically everything, then when you're an adult you adapt what works best for you. When you start training from such a young age, you start conditioning your body and muscles from such a young age... next thing you know people are freaking out about how fucking amazing you are for breaking a baseball bat off your shin... like, dude, almost every nakmuay can do that.

Your perspective makes sense if you speak of the point of view of somebody who starts training when their body-type is already developed... I'm guessing you started training in your late teen years, or perhaps young adult years. Am I right?

I think we just gonna have to agree to disagree.

You could never have trained tyson to fight like ali, or ali to fight like tyson, without making them worse then how they turned out.

I think we just gonna have to agree to disagree.

You could never have trained tyson to fight like ali, or ali to fight like tyson, without making them worse then how they turned out.
You trained them to fight every single way... then as they grew into their shell, they adapted what worked best for them.

But yes, you are right that genetics plays a big part in all of it.

Back