Venum Challenger 2.0 Gloves 16oz Initial Review

These are going for 35 bucks at MMA Joes. That's a steal price. They also have the Giants which are nappa leather on sale for 59.99. That's a helluva steal!!!!!

You're the worst, man. You're like the "BUY MOAR GEAR!" devil on my shoulder. :icon_chee

Something slightly interesting:

My buddy bought a pair of these in black from MMA Joes after I told him about the price. He got his today and we were comparing them to mine. His padding was somewhat softer then mine were brand new. I got mine from Amazon on a gold box deals day and the padding was rock hard and needed breaking in. His feel like how mine feel now. Just thought it was strange.

Something slightly interesting:

My buddy bought a pair of these in black from MMA Joes after I told him about the price. He got his today and we were comparing them to mine. His padding was somewhat softer then mine were brand new. I got mine from Amazon on a gold box deals day and the padding was rock hard and needed breaking in. His feel like how mine feel now. Just thought it was strange.

Thanks for the update taskman.

Venumvince did say the new batches rolling out would have softer padding. Maybe he got a pair from the new batch, while you got older stock?

Thanks for the update taskman.

Venumvince did say the new batches rolling out would have softer padding. Maybe he got a pair from the new batch, while you got older stock?

It would figure that I got the old crotchety pair and he gets the new blood. No more Amazon deals for me. Lol

I just received a pair of these in 12s from mmajoes.com. They are a VERY snug fit and I am a little worried about jamming my thumb as it lines up a little weird. There are a few loose threads here and there as well. With all of that said, I hope the thumb doesn't become an issue because I LOVE the fist I can make with these. If it doesn't work out, I'll just let go to one of the guys at the gym.

I just received a pair of these in 12s from mmajoes.com. They are a VERY snug fit and I am a little worried about jamming my thumb as it lines up a little weird. There are a few loose threads here and there as well. With all of that said, I hope the thumb doesn't become an issue because I LOVE the fist I can make with these. If it doesn't work out, I'll just let go to one of the guys at the gym.

I could imagine the 12's being snug. My 16's were snug at first. Now they feel great. And compare the price of these to big box Everlasts....no comparison. With all the good budget stuff out there...it makes me wonder why I still have people coming to my gym in those dog ass Protex 2's.

keep in mind there are 2 versions of the protex 2 the full leather and the synthetic. Though My protex 2 leathers did not last they were never any complaints about them being too hard or stiff.

keep in mind there are 2 versions of the protex 2 the full leather and the synthetic. Though My protex 2 leathers did not last they were never any complaints about them being too hard or stiff.

Yeah these people show up with the synthetic Dicks sporting goods specials. Not one single leather Everlast glove to be found. It's either those or the garbage pro style training glove.

Although Ill never be sold on bad boy, task does bring up a good point that if you compare it side by side against its competition and price targets, badboy HAS to rank over century, and Everlast.

Practically every brand stacks up well against Century and Everlast

haha, yes this is true, I guess one should compare it to Ringside and title stuff at that price then.

haha, yes this is true, I guess one should compare it to Ringside and title stuff at that price then.

I'll put it up against the Title Classic line any day. Don't know what Ringside line to compare it to though.

I'll put it up against the Title Classic line any day. Don't know what Ringside line to compare it to though.

Venum has better workmanship than the Title Classic line, but the Title Classic line uses better materials. Fit and feel are of course subjective so I won't comment on that. :) That's my take on the two brands. :D

Venum has better workmanship than the Title Classic line, but the Title Classic line uses better materials. Fit and feel are of course subjective so I won't comment on that. :) That's my take on the two brands. :D

I'll agree with that on the leather Classics but will fight it on the synthetics. Agree about fit and feel. These Venums for me are comfy as hell and I remember you didn't like it. Always good to have different opinions. Either way....both are better than Century and cheap Everlast gloves. I think that's one thing everybody on here can agree upon.

I'll agree with that on the leather Classics but will fight it on the synthetics. Agree about fit and feel. These Venums for me are comfy as hell and I remember you didn't like it. Always good to have different opinions. Either way....both are better than Century and cheap Everlast gloves. I think that's one thing everybody on here can agree upon.

Ah yeah, thanks for clarifying! That's what I meant re: leather vs. synthetics, you read my mind! And Amen on both being better than Century and the synthetic Neverlasts! :icon_chee

Back