VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE (Massive $90 Million U.S. Opening Weekend)

If you have seen VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE, how would you rate it?

• Total voters

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: May 10, 2021

Official Trailer for VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE; Premieres Sept, 4, 2021 in Theaters [Updated]

Update: July 26, 2019

Andy Serkis in Talks with Sony to Potentially Direct VENOM Sequel

PG1dI7S.jpg

ndy Serkis is in the mix to tackle Sony's Venom sequel, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

But Serkis, who is known for his critically acclaimed and beloved work in the motion capture space as well as a turn as a villain in Black Panther, is not up for acting work in the project. Rather, he is being looked at as a potential director for the sequel to the 2018 hit that starred Tom Hardy as a journalist who joins with an alien symbiote.

Ruben Fleischer helmed the 2018 movie but is not returning. Serkis flew to Los Angeles for meetings set by Sony brass earlier this week. He is one of several filmmakers in the mix, sources say, as Sony carefully weighs who will direct the follow-up to a movie that made $856 million at the global box office.

Sony wants the project before cameras in November.

Serkis is known for his pioneering motion capture and performance capture acting work and rose to fame by portraying Gollum in Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings trilogy from 2002 to 2004. He reteamed with Jackson for The Hobbittrilogy (2012-14), where he got experience with second unit directing, which he'd parlay into his directorial debut, the 2017 drama Breathe. He also helmed last year's non-Disney take on the Rudyard Kipling stories Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle, which ended up on Netflix after being made at Warner Bros. His résumé tees him up for a movie such as Venom 2, which will be effects heavy and mix DG and performance capture technology.

Kelly Marcel wrote the script for the sequel to the movie that also starred Michelle Williams and featured a last-minute cameo by Woody Harrelson as chief Venom villain Cletus Kasady, aka Carnage.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/venom-2-andy-serkis-mix-direct-sequel-1226683

Last edited:
Have not been impressed with his directing ability

or he acting ability for that matter

I still haven’t had the heart to watch Venom, did it at least have some cool action scenes?

Man, I still need to watch the first Venom.

Venom bringing back all those year 2000 Superhero movies we all know and love!

I still haven’t had the heart to watch Venom, did it at least have some cool action scenes?

I wasn't hyped for it at all but it's actually pretty good. My only real complaint was the villain was stupid I hate hate hate when these super hero movies have a villain that's essentially the same as the hero.

Hope he doez it some justice... we really enjoyed the first Venom.

I'd like to see his mug in teh movie even if it's just for a cameo. He'z got a cool gritty look... & maybe he can make the most of it if he's directing himself... lol.

Over the action scenes, my favorite bits were the parts where Eddie converses with Venom in his head. Hardy made that work so well. Overall it was just ok though. There’s potential for more though

No offense to Serkis, but whenever they get an inexperienced director to helm a superhero movie, it always turns out badly.

Pitch Black is a great movie if you enjoy its nuances
It's a long running joke with a buddy of mine. Oscar nominated Pitch Black. But actually it's a good watch. Now I wanna watch it

It's a long running joke with a buddy of mine. Oscar nominated Pitch Black. But actually it's a good watch. Now I wanna watch it
I watched it last week for the 7kth time, it had been at least a year or maybe two since the last watch though.

Have you ever seen the Pitch Black Prequal?

I saw it on Sci Fi when they were bulking the movie before it came out.

It was Johns looking for Riddick iirc, I only saw it that one time and you can’t find it anywhere.

Back