Vasyl Lomachenko or Naoya Inoue, who ranks higher P4P?

unfortunately for inoue, loma’s resumé has more name value & he does seem like the more complete fighter as well

IDK, both have nit-pickable resumes if you think about it, it's really the way they've been beating opponents that has made them both worthy of the discussion. In Loma's case, outclassing competition, in Inoues case, knocking dudes into coffins ( @randomg1t )

Loma but if they were on different channels at the same time, I'd be watching Inoue.

Inoue, Wilder & Conor are the most talented fighters ive ever seen.

I'd personally give Innoue a slight edge but could go either way really

Lomachenko. Before the Donaire fight I would have said Inoue but I think it made the Monster look much more mortal whereas before he was smashing people into bits. I certainly don't think Inoue will do as good at a higher weights (which is the true sign of P4P) where he can't rely on his power. Donaire was hitting him loads, you don't see Loma getting hit that much.

Lomachenko. Before the Donaire fight I would have said Inoue but I think it made the Monster look much more mortal whereas before he was smashing people into bits. I certainly don't think Inoue will do as good at a higher weights (which is the true sign of P4P) where he can't rely on his power. Donaire was hitting him loads, you don't see Loma getting hit that much.
I think he showed more in that type of fight than he would have with an early KO; was forced to fight with a cut, move, show defense, survive when he was hurt. It's P4P worthiness IMO.

Hey, they look good standing next to each other. :)

ELBYKE5WoAIVD2v

I think he showed more in that type of fight than he would have with an early KO; was forced to fight with a cut, move, show defense, survive when he was hurt. It's P4P worthiness IMO.

ELBYKE5WoAIVD2v
I agree, Donaire fought the fight of his life, and Inoue came through and shined. Can't all be blowouts. Loma has had his recent share of harder than expected moments, but has shined as well.

Loma for sure. Having Rigondeaux, Walters, Russell Jr, Linares as scalps definitely trumps Donaire, Rodriguez, Payano and McDonnell. That said, I'm a bigger fan of Inoue.

ELBYKE5WoAIVD2v

I can see your point of view. He showed he could deal with adversity and gut out a win when it was necessary BUT against what opponent? Donaire got starched against Rigondeaux and was well past his best days when he fought Inoue. Inoue was predicted to blast Donaire out of there. I think Donaire looked great in defeat but it wasn't so good for Inoue. Although it might have a different look if Inoue had been allowed to finish off Donaire when he hurt him badly with the liver shot. The reffing was terrible and definitely obstructive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back