Varner's Next Match

lildog

A Warrior's Heart
@red
Reaction score
I'd like to see him fight Miller, Guida, Alvarez, or even welcome Melendez. He had a hell of 2012...Beat down Barboza, definitively defeated Guillard, and had FOTN against Bonus King Lauzon.

WAR Varner!

Not going to happen, but I wouldn't mind a rematch with Lauzon. Varner's gas tank seemed unusually mediocre during that one.

Dakota Cochrine rematch?? (sp?)

I'd like to see him fight Miller, Guida, Alvarez, or even welcome Melendez. He had a hell of 2012...Beat down Barboza, definitively defeated Guillard, and had FOTN against Bonus King Lauzon.

WAR Varner!

Miller or Alvarez sounds good to me.

WAR C-4! Always in great fights, very talented guy, I called his revival when he was in the wilderness.

But Guida is at FW, Miller he's tight with, and those other guys are a little too high up for him right now. Let's get him on a probable streak to build confidence (which is very important for him personally) before his contender legitimacy needs to be tested.

I think the Tavares/Khabib winner coming up would make some sense. He would shut off Tavares and down Khabib's grappling more than likely. Or maybe Khabib subs him and he'll just always have a problem getting caught over a few fights.

If you want to set up another great fight, I don't know how you could go wrong with T.J. Grant too, regardless how his next fight plays out. But I'd prefer to give Jamie's head a rest. He took some blows against Mel and J-Lau.

Have him fight Miller they are in line to do so now.

It's fairly obvious that he should fight miller. Style wise they are similar and will put on a great fight. Winner will be thoroughly in the mix.

Miller was Varner's main training partner in Jersey. And Jamie just needs to slow down already. 3 fights in 7 months, 2 wars, alternating wins and losses since joining the UFC and debuting against Barboza. There are many other directions for him to go at this stage. They just happened to be fighting the same night last eve.

WAR C-4! Always in great fights, very talented guy, I called his revival when he was in the wilderness.

But Guida is at FW, Miller he's tight with, and those other guys are a little too high up for him right now. Let's get him on a probable streak to build confidence (which is very important for him personally) before his contender legitimacy needs to be tested.

I think the Tavares/Khabib winner coming up would make some sense. He would shut off Tavares and down Khabib's grappling more than likely. Or maybe Khabib subs him and he'll just always have a problem getting caught over a few fights.

If you want to set up another great fight, I don't know how you could go wrong with T.J. Grant too, regardless how his next fight plays out. But I'd prefer to give Jamie's head a rest. He took some blows against Mel and J-Lau.

I was wondering why he has a pic w/ Miller's manager AMA Fightclub owner(?)...is he managed by him as well?

I also though about Khabib or Rustam Khabilov...but didn't think they deserved it yet...and I want Varner is a big fight he deserves it. (*former WEC champ and all plus the great performances this year).

yeah miller and bendo are real good friends with varner

he trains with me at ACS right now with lally and moraga.

but he trains with bendo a lot. he also trained with miller for a period of time.

I doubt they would fight each other. Lauzon rematch would be great IMO

Jamie called him out on twitter I think.

:eek:

Miller was Varner's main training partner in Jersey. And Jamie just needs to slow down already. 3 fights in 7 months, 2 wars, alternating wins and losses since joining the UFC and debuting against Barboza. There are many other directions for him to go at this stage. They just happened to be fighting the same night last eve.

I hear you but like i said i want to see him in a big fight say after 5-6 months off. He deserves it. Why'd an Arizona boy like Varner go to Jersey was that before the move to the Lab?

Varner should do more slams

Yeah his wrestling is good...he took the champ down multiple times when they fought and in practice now. He just needs to work on his submissions (*Bendo would be helping with that for sure), and is mentality as far as focus and emotions...but that's something we probably all could work on.

Not going to happen, but I wouldn't mind a rematch with Lauzon. Varner's gas tank seemed unusually mediocre during that one.

Took that fight on short notice I believe, as well as the Barboza fight. Finally had a full training camp and looked great

Grant / Wiman Winner, Tibau / Dunham Winner, Gomi/ Sanchez Winner Or Even Myles Jury

Back