Vancouver BJJ?

Kimuralex

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Hey guys,

A close friend of mine and purple belt is relocating to Vancouver.

He is not sure which school to choose, anyone know about soares or Gracie Barra?

Thanks in advance!

Where in Vancouver is he moving to? There are a ton of good schools around.

Don't go to GB Van, the instructor there has had tons of legal issues. I personally recommend Pacific Top Team Burnaby if your friend is a competitor, they have some killers in there, with really high level instructors.

I second Burnaby BJJ if he's in the Vancouver area - if he's in the eastern suburbs (Maple Ridge/Pitt Meadows) then Athlete's Arena Maple Ridge

Anyone have any feedback about PTT Richmond (Evan Durand) or any BJJ gyms in Richmond ?

Ribeiro Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a good gym I hear it's in Coquitlam.

Anyone have any feedback about PTT Richmond (Evan Durand) or any BJJ gyms in Richmond ?

I started with Evan about a year ago, now I'm in Vernon with Dave Rothwell. Evan is really good, super friendly, and a really good coach. Solid group of guys and girls at PTT Richmond as well.

Take that comment about GB Van , squared....

Ribeiro Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a good gym I hear it's in Coquitlam.

Not that my opinion means anything, but I'll cosign on Ribeiro JJ Vancouver in Coquitlam. It's run by Giacomo Zanini, a Saulo/Xande black belt. He gave me my first few JJ lessons six years ago and I liked it so much that I'm on the path for life. Good instructor and active competitor. I'm making it a point to visit him the next time I'm in the Great White North.

Back