Valhalla Rising and Drive are the two most prolific back to back projects for any Director.

escape-from-new-york-regular.jpg

the-thing-poster.jpg

and

alien_movie_poster.jpg

blade%2Brunner%2B2%2B%2Bmovie.jpg

Drive is phenomenal and anything Tarantino should be a contender.

The thing about drive tho is that the trailer made the movie look like a transporter clone

Trailers have tricked me so many damn times

Valhalla Rising that movie with Mads? Pretentious nonsense.

Drive looked good via trailers, then while watching it in theater the disappointment set in while almost nothing happened and actors were being awkward on screen.

While I enjoyed Bronson, I don't understand the appeal of the rest of Refn's shit.

agreed on all counts except that Bronson was a pile of shit.

Love Spielberg but AI was a big disappointment for me.

I thought it might be the best of his films that aren't universally acclaimed masterpieces (i.e. the tier below Jaws, Schindler, Raiders, SPR, etc.).

But I'm aware the film is somewhat divisive.

I thought it might be the best of his films that aren't universally acclaimed masterpieces (i.e. the tier below Jaws, Schindler, Raiders, SPR, etc.).

But I'm aware the film is somewhat divisive.

I feel like very occasionally Spielberg missteps and makes a film that is just not very good. AI was one of those times. War of the Worlds is another.

I simply do not understand the hype of Drive. Boring and annoying movie to me.

2001 and Clockwork shit all over those works, not even close.
Spoken like a prodigy, well done

Drive is the epitome of how an overrated movie comes to be.

Lol at "Coppolla being a contender" like its nothing big

Godfather 2 and Apocalypse Now is the answer

I feel like very occasionally Spielberg missteps and makes a film that is just not very good. AI was one of those times. War of the Worlds is another.

Always to me is the best example if him going out there and just making an utterly average film.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is his legend going to his own head and thinking stupid shit will work just because he's Steven Spielberg.

War of the Worlds is kind of like Prometheus with Ridley Scott... Spielberg level execution of a concept that could have used some more work. It seems like HG Wells just doesn't translate "as is" to the big screen very well.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is his legend going to his own head and thinking stupid shit will work just because he's Steven Spielberg.

That's probably his BIGGEST misstep. Fuck. I love that series so much and for him to go and do that. . .

But I suspect that Lucas was the predominant driving force behind the script so I blame him as much or more than Spielberg.

That's probably his BIGGEST misstep. Fuck. I love that series so much and for him to go and do that. . .

But I suspect that Lucas was the predominant driving force behind the script so I blame him as much or more than Spielberg.

I am willing to put the origin for every bad idea on George Lucas.

But Indiana Jones 4 was made after all three Star Wars prequels. Spielberg knew what he was dealing with.

Tsk tsk Steve...

Lol polished a bottle of wine and after waking up this morning I can't even fathom what word I was thinking of. Going to leave it as is for the chuckle.

Perhaps 'Ambitious'?

Raiders - E.T.

You invent the "blockbuster" then you release two of the greatest ever within a 2 year period. Spielberg is the OG.

Back