Valero liscenced to fight in Texas!

BR

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Hell yeah. This opens a lot od doors for him. Its on fightnews BTW.

Hell yeah. See how he does with Guzman, Pacman (if he doesn't move up), Marquez, and Juarez

I see him being exposed by the first decent fighter he fights.

It would be in Texas. When Holyfield got his boxing license back, his 4 comeback fights (Bates, Oquendo, Maddalone, Savarese) were all in Texas (where I hear they don't test for steroids coincidentally enough). The 5th fight was Sultan Ibragimov in Russia.

Remember the Texas referee Lawrence Cole and the "ahead on the scorecards" fiasco?:
Following a headbutt between the fighters which resulted in a cut, Cole used his hand to cover the mic on his lapel and tells the fighter he's "ahead on the scorecards", basically letting the fighter know he can stop fighting on the foul if he wants too. The ringside microphones picked it all up.

A suspension was announced, but about a week or 2 later, there's Lawrence Cole again on either HBO or Showtime refereeing again. It was despicable.

Referee Lawrence Cole is the son of Dick Cole, and Dick Cole is the Boxing Director for the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation. Nepotism.

Mills Lane wrote a letter to Dick Cole about another incompetent ref, Robert Gonzales, calling Gonzales acts "the worst performance by any referee that I have witnessed."

Texas. Well, it's not more corrupt than any other place I suppose.

Remember the Texas referee Lawrence Cole and the "ahead on the scorecards" fiasco?:
Following a headbutt between the fighters which resulted in a cut, Cole used his hand to cover the mic on his lapel and tells the fighter he's "ahead on the scorecards", basically letting the fighter know he can stop fighting on the foul if he wants too. The ringside microphones picked it all up.

A suspension was announced, but about a week or 2 later, there's Lawrence Cole again on either HBO or Showtime refereeing again. It was despicable.

Referee Lawrence Cole is the son of Dick Cole, and Dick Cole is the Boxing Director for the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation. Nepotism.

Mills Lane wrote a letter to Dick Cole about another incompetent ref, Robert Gonzales, calling Gonzales acts "the worst performance by any referee that I have witnessed."

Cole is a terrible ref but he had no way to know that fighter was truly up on the cards other than watching the fight. It was a ridiculous thing no matter what, I just don't think there was a conspiracy, just Cole fucking up another fight.

Cole reffed a big fight overseas whileunder suspension, I don't recall what fight. Brewster/Wlad maybe? Wlad/Brock?

Any video of Cole telling the fighter he was up?

I can't find any other Lawrence Cole vids.

Lawrence Cole ref'd Mikkel Kessler vs Andrade with the excuse that Cole's "under suspension in the US, but this fight is overseas". It was only about 3 or 4 months after the notorious "ahead on the scorecards" fight with Juan Manuel Marquez.

What was worse was 1 week after Lawrence Cole's debacle in the Marquez fight, there was Lawrence Cole on HBO again, refereeing Andre Berto on the Jermaine Taylor/Ouma undercard.
That's an outrage, to see corruptness right before your very eyes, and then to see the same exact crooked official on HBO exactly 1 week later. Unbelievable.

Cole's one of the worst, along with Nady, Randy Neumann, Mercante jr,

Back