• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Valentina Shevchenko Blames Split Draw on Mexican Independence Day ‘Pressure’

dude she was literally gifted a BS 10-8 to prevent her from losing. This shit needs to be investigated.
And Val was gifted a 10-9 by the same judge in r4, so it evens out. Well actually it doesn’t, because Grasso should have a clean win.

It could've contributed to Bell giving Grasso a 10-8 in R5, IMO. The hype of the moment was like something out of a movie. Hometown hero, high-profile rematch, extremely close fight, and the champ capitalizes off an error to go for the finish in the final minutes of the final round. I can't speak for him, but maybe he let the emotion of the event and the circumstances cloud his judgement.
Or he was told to give it to alexa if it was close.

How many times do I have to teach you this lesson old man?

You have a Mexican champ, who has a customized Mexican style belt, headlining the Mexican UFC card (titled in Spanish), taking place on Mexican independence day, showcasing other Mexican / Mexican heritage fighters, in an area with tons of Mexican Americans, in a state that used to be part of Mexico.

Given how long, and how hard, the UFC has tried to crack into the Mexican market, and how much $ it represents if they do capture it, it's not exactly a crazy take to think that a judge could be biased towards Grasso. It's also obvious that she was the crowd favourite and heralded as the "home crowd" fighter. Similar idea to Khabib or Islam when they would fight in Abu Dhabi despite not being Arab or Emirati.

Your point about the make up of the country is irrelevant. What matters is who was in the stadium, who the event was geared towards, and for what purpose. Complete non-sequitur. Even if someone wanted to entertain the irrelevant point, Paradise NV is 35% Hispanic, and 36% non-Hispanic white (source).

I didn't even read your post. are you the same guy that posted on the other thing too? I didn't read that either. who's got time for your nonsense. not me not ever. ignore listed.

And would’ve won the rematch if Bell would’ve have given out the most egregious 10-8 in MMA history.
But she didn't. Time to move on, maybe go up in weight and challenge for the vacant championship.

Only one judge had it right imo. I had it 3-2 grasso no 10-8. It's all about the 4th round which I though she won fairly decisively. 2-2 going into the 5th.

First of all, I'm not a huge fan of shev.

Valentina got a tiny edge in my book but that fight could have gone either way.

However, that 10-8 5th round is sus af. There is no justifiable reason as to score that 5th round 10-8. How can you score the 2nd round 10-9 and the 5th 10-8 ?

Folk criticising Bell's 10-8 in the 5th but saying nothing about the 10-9 he gave to Val in the 4th. That was the obvious round to fix if the judging was corrupt. Give the 4th to Grasso and there'd be no need to give a 10-8 in the 5th. Infact Alexis would have won the fight.

How does Grasso event take the 5th when she did almost nothing with the back control. The majoritiy of the round was standing up and that was clearly dominated by Valentina.

Mike Bell's scorecard is dumb, but a Draw is accurate:
  • Round 1: Clear 10-9 Shevchenko
  • Round 2: Clear 10-9 Grasso
  • Round 3: Clear 10-9 Shevchekno
  • Round 4: No clear winner (10-10)
  • Round 5: Clear 10-9 Grasso
All comes down to the 4th, not the 5th.

I didn't even read your post. are you the same guy that posted on the other thing too? I didn't read that either. who's got time for your nonsense. not me not ever. ignore listed.
9 sentences is too much for you? Given the poor arguments you make, you come across as someone that struggles with reading in general. Glad that you read enough to reply though! Stay ignorant, it'll serve you well in life <45>

Folk criticising Bell's 10-8 in the 5th but saying nothing about the 10-9 he gave to Val in the 4th. That was the obvious round to fix if the judging was corrupt. Give the 4th to Grasso and there'd be no need to give a 10-8 in the 5th. Infact Alexis would have won the fight.
so much this, "the guy who scored the previous really closed round for shevchenko was paid to make grasso win" yeah, make sense

Back