• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Valentina Shevchenko Blames Split Draw on Mexican Independence Day ‘Pressure’

Valentina is well on her way to getting a big book of excuses along with Big Nog, Hendricks, and the rest.

Unfortunately this. Im a fan of shev and highly respect her accomplishments and contributions to wmma. She helped keep female fights a draw, and we need that. Too many haters.

But damn, let it go and take a break. She's been going hard for years at the highest level, perhaps some time spent finding serenity and departing from her attachment to fighting is needed.

Bitterness is a bad look for anyone.

Saltchenko should be happy she got the draw. I had Alexa winning rounds 2, 4 and 5 although not getting a 10-8 round in the 5th.

Not sure if/when Val had access to your card. She had access to the Official cards right after the fight. 2 of 3 Official Judges had her up 3-1 after the 4th. It was Grasso that benefitted from the indefensible 10-8 score.

Not sure if/when Val had access to your card. She had access to the Official cards right after the fight. 2 of 3 Official Judges had her up 3-1 after the 4th. It was Grasso that benefitted from the indefensible 10-8 score.
Don't worry she saw it after she came home.

Unfortunately this. Im a fan of shev and highly respect her accomplishments and contributions to wmma. She helped keep female fights a draw, and we need that. Too many haters.

But damn, let it go and take a break. She's been going hard for years at the highest level, perhaps some time spent finding serenity and departing from her attachment to fighting is needed.

Bitterness is a bad look for anyone.

It sucks when you have fighter that has a phenomenal skill set and is great to watch, but then you get thrown off cause of the personality. Just very hard to like.

Given the long history of poor gamesmanship and saltiness of Valentina, they should make a special belt for her with a salt shaker embossed on it

Unfortunately, she is on her way to be Rousey'd because she is refusing to acknowledge the competition just got a lot better. The division was full of Tomato cans and she was beating mostly Tomato cans. The good fighters in the division like Santos, Maia or Joanna (who was too small for the division), gave her a very tough competition. She tends to have a very high self esteem and buys into her own hype. She exaggerates her capabilities by constantly talking 'my power', 'my explosions through the fist' and 'total domination' when she as only dominated Tomato cans, really. I mean, who the f'ck talks like that with explosions happening through fist? Even Francis would not say that. Her punches absolutely have no power and her constant 'Aiii! Aii!" with every punch is super annoying and reminds me of Holly Holm's "Ish! Ish!" with every punch.

Even her fight against Pena was super competitive. Pena is absolutely garbage fighter who brawls with those windmill, flailing punches and she struggled against Pena losing round one 10-9 to Pena. It was only she got lucky that Pena gave her arm to her and she was able to submit her, but she was going to lose round 2 as well to Pena.

Last edited:
You still went to a draw, that’s on you. Even if you think you won, you obviously didn’t do enough to convince more than half of the judges or the fans that you won.

There is no excuse for the 10-8 round. And if you think it was justified, well guess what:
You're outvoted 2-1 because other 2 judges correctly knew that you don't give a 10-8 to someone who ate 7 jabs over a 2 minute period while swinging at air. It's even more reasonable to argue that round was a 10-9 for Val than a 10-8 for Grasso, since Grasso literally did nothing until 2 minutes remained. Pure corruption.

It could've contributed to Bell giving Grasso a 10-8 in R5, IMO. The hype of the moment was like something out of a movie. Hometown hero

It wasn't actually in Mexico, bro. It was in Vegas haha. Neither girl was the hometown hero.

I got confused as well what with all the mexico themed branding and stuff they did. If you're going to go to all that effort, why the heck would you not just do the card in actual Mexico? They flew out to mexico and set an octagon up in the middle of some mexican farm fields even.

Bias located. Opinion disregarded.

Everything I wrote is a fact. More like your favorite fighter is getting exposed when she is not fighting tomato cans. What exactly is the bias there? You like that stupid "Aiii! Aiii!" and it is effectively not like Holly Holm's "Ish!! Ish!!"?

Last edited:
They should just cut the belt in half and give them each a half of the belt.
59ee3bbc-520c-4d96-b141-c315b1fcdf2e_text.gif

Only the belt's true owner would rather give it away than see it destroyed!

Maybe she's right.

Admittedly, I haven't watched the fight, so I can't comment on the actual fight.

But sometimes there's more at play.
It's the Optics of the fight like Stricklands coach explained, it does infact play a role in the judges brains.

Back