vaicantagalo.com- A website to support Brazilan social projects

Kenny from MD

Less angry than before.
@Brown
Reaction score
2lj5d0p.jpg

I have consolidated all the information regarding the social project drive I am running on this website, and will update it as the drive continues.

It explains:
the background and history of the VB Team social project in Cantagalo
what my project is about
what is needed for donation
how to donate
shirts for sale for fundraising

I will be updating it consistently with news, athlete information, media, etc.

Thanks for the support.

Last edited:
I love that t-shirt and wear it all the time. Great quality t-shirt and super comfy. Wish you the best on the endeavor.

I love that t-shirt and wear it all the time. Great quality t-shirt and super comfy. Wish you the best on the endeavor.

Glad to hear it. I didn't want the project to be some throwaway cash grab where you got junk for the sake of donating money, so I did my best illustrating the design (O'm by no means a graphic designer, but I've been doing all the graphics for my projects myself), and making sure to print it on a high quality shirt (American Apparel triblend). It hiked the price up a lot, but I was hoping people would appreciate it.

Glad to hear it. I didn't want the project to be some throwaway cash grab where you got junk for the sake of donating money, so I did my best illustrating the design (O'm by no means a graphic designer, but I've been doing all the graphics for my projects myself), and making sure to print it on a high quality shirt (American Apparel triblend). It hiked the price up a lot, but I was hoping people would appreciate it.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of those blend t-shirts. Good quality, softer and more comfy than the 100% cotton ones. Good call on your part in providing a quality product.

I'm seeing my image pop up more and more around Facebook and Instagram since I posted it. Please share the image on social media if you have a second. Also, it would be sick if you could hash tag it #vaicantagalo so I can see how far it is spreading and if anyone cool reposts it.

Last edited:
when are you going to start taking pre-orders for the shirts?

It says payment is not set up yet....

image.png

Whoops! I think I fixed it. Sorry, I'm doing everything myself (website, big cartel, graphics) and am not too tech savvy.

Shout out to Acima Fight Company for donating 3 brand new gis from their company!

Sticky please?

Whoops! I think I fixed it. Sorry, I'm doing everything myself (website, big cartel, graphics) and am not too tech savvy.

and yet you still have done better than Metamoris

I've started compiling articles and interviews with athletes from Cantagalo that are either up and comers, or are otherwise noteworthy, regardless of team affiliation. Check it out.

http://www.vaicantagalo.com/news/

PS How about that sticky?

Kenny have you ever thought about a similar social program in the US? Possibly Baltimore? That city needs something positive.

Kenny have you ever thought about a similar social program in the US? Possibly Baltimore? That city needs something positive.

I've been asked this a few times, and considered it. I actually used to live in Baltimore, a little above North Ave.

However, I don't know of any Jiu Jitsu social projects operating within the US. Most kids programs are for-profit programs at academies, which I am sure benefit the children in many ways, but the circumstances are nowhere near as dire as those of the favela. Seeing the favela in movies and pictures is one thing, but actually experiencing the favela, seeing the stolen electricity, stepping around piles of shit, walking past child look-outs, passing men with semi automatic rifles, etc is a whole different world.

Part of what makes this project convenient for me is that others have already put in so much work starting these social projects, like Ricardo Vieira and Terere, so I am able to piggyback off of their hard work and success, rather than build something from the ground up.

If anyone wants to share that Vai Cantagalo image on social media, I'd be stoked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back