• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Usyk vacates the IBF title to facilitate a Joshua vs. DuBois fight at Wembley in Sept.

I personally think a lot of the money people in the sport want AJ to get back all the belts.

If he beats Dubois he gets another shot at Usyk next year which likely generates more money for everyone over any other opponent

Not surprised. The IBF has been trying to make Usyk fight who they want for a while now, and they don't do step-aside fees so it was always gonna come to this. Usyk is beyond the need for belts now anyway so it is what it is.

I personally think a lot of the money people in the sport want AJ to get back all the belts.

If he beats Dubois he gets another shot at Usyk next year which likely generates more money for everyone over any other opponent

The Saudis seem to like Joshua which clearly helps at this moment in time, but in reality he’s always going to be around the no1 contender spots as he is the best of the rest

I also think fury vs Joshua is the real money fight. We already know that usyk is better than both of them

Not surprised. The IBF has been trying to make Usyk fight who they want for a while now, and they don't do step-aside fees so it was always gonna come to this. Usyk is beyond the need for belts now anyway so it is what it is.

This is why I’m not too bothered about it. We all know he’s the real champion, and we get a good fight between Dubois and Joshua to boot. The downside for me is having to see usyk fight either of those guys again (likely Joshua). In reality if neither fury or Joshua can beat him, non of the other Heavies have any real chance

"Yo, I got too many of these things.

You guys want one?

Fight for it.

If i feel like taking it back I'll just whoop you ass ... again."

Lol Usyks present to anthony and Daniel. Not only is he the best HW of this era, hes a generous and giving champion. He’ll win the belt back anyways but probably lose 1 of the others in the same manor

It would be hilarious if Usyk is the one to put the IBF belt on the winners shoulder or around there waist after the fight. That would be the ultimate "good job son" moment.

no undisputed for fury lol the bogus bodies making the most of their limited time left in the sun
Yeah. Fury now has to win the Usyk rematch and then likely beat Joshua if he wants to ever become undisputed. It's not impossible but it'll be quite difficult for him to pull off. A while back if you recall Fury said the belts belong in the West. Meanwhile Usyk just relinquished his IBF title to the winner of a fight between two Westerners. He's getting his wish in part lol.

It's official now. Usyk is in Tha Dogg Pound Gang.
Snapinsta.app_448952168_18442477711037699_6425500438469745891_n_1152.jpg

Vacating belts and winning them again is exactly how Floyd beat the most champions in history. He kept dropping belts and never became undisputed.

Back in Sugar Ray Robinson’s days, if you’re the champion then nobody else is a champion. Since there was only 1 belt, SRR could have 100 title defenses and none of them would be unification bouts.

Back