Usman and Izzy are great champions

Not so much current champs, but many champs in the past. Bisping is one of worst examples. Cejudo as well. Woodley was less active and always complaining and fighting Till who definitely wasn’t the best contender. Stipe is also very inactive and something tells me he will avoid Francis like the plague
Stipe was inactive because he had eye surgery from getting a torn retina by dc. He dominated Francis the first time and will again.

Usman didn't really look all that great against Masvidal.

Wtf? Usman vs Colby was a one of the best WW title fights ever. Izzy vs Whittaker was very exciting as well. And don’t forget Izzy vs Gastelum, that fight was a banger as well

I didn't say all their fights were boring.

Adesanya/Romero and Usman/Masvidal were 2 of the most boring title fights.

Adesanya/Costa should be good, iffy on Usman/Burns though.

I respect that. Better than Stipe fighting one fight and the same guy three years in a row. Or Conor going AWOL. Or Jones going cocaine suspension. Or Khabib doing whatever the fuck has kept him out of action for the last year.

It's like these fighters forget about age and growing old or some shit. Stipe 38 talking about taking time off after fighting one fight a year for three years. Like mother fucker what.

Agreed. Both very strong fighters.

All champs have boring performances. GSP and Silva had a few.
Usman is very underrated. I have him as #2 behind GSP as well. If he beats Burns and will be the one to stop Khamzat, he may even pass GSP

I don't think he'll be able to pass GSP, ever, but I have GSP as the best fighter in MMA history, not just WW, so... IMO, in the current roster, maybe Khabib could close on GSP, but I don't see it happening either.

I see Usman currently tied at 4, with Woodley (which is already GREAT, since it's one of the two deepest division). But if he wins against Burns, he'll pass Shields and will creep on Hughes.

I love how he conducts himself, I love his personna and everything. He's a great champion, and within the Sonnen/Conor/WWE Era, he's a breath of fresh air. And he's mighty impressive.

They both have their greatest challenges ahead of them in Paulo and Burns. I’d be surprised if they both won but it would show how great they are if they did.
I guess it's a matter of opinion but i thought Usman's greatest challenge was Colby

They're both good, but Usman has no charisma and Adesanya isn't a very good trash talker (trash talk isn't mandatory, but if you decide to do it, at least be good at it...)

Back