Usman 1 fight away before becoming goat

Khabeast 29-0 Uzmen 18-1

You tried lad... he can still be WW GOAT.

maxresdefault.jpg
Khabib beating 15 guys who are 0-0 is pretty lame though

Usman is dominating in a tougher division than when GSP was champ

Not even close to true. A LW journeyman (who lost to Daley who was a top 20 WW of that era at best back then) is the #4 WW.

Ghost of Woodley, 40yo Maia, Robbies corpse and LWs Nate, Chiesa, shells of Pettis and RDA are ranked WWs lmaooo

Gilbert Burns is the #1 contender. The only standout WW is Colby and he isn't better than Fitch was. There were multiple WWs better than Leon Edwards, Neil Magny and Vicente Luque lol

Bringing up the Tibau fight tells me you haven't seen the Tibau fight. Tibau was less active against Khabib than Romero was against Adesanya. How the fuck can anyone legitimately say the guy won?
guys think defending TD warrant points

Colby, Woodley, Jorge, RDA, Leon, Maia.

Its a solid resume but hes still 5-6 good wins away from seriously entering into GOAT contender talks.

He's pretty good, but current WW is pretty shallow.

His last defense was against a journeyman on short notice, he hugged him on the cage to a decision, like he does with most of his opponents.

His last finish in YEARS was a controversial one against Colby.

We'll see, he has a claim to WW GOAT for sure, but I think GSP edges him for now.
He has a claim for WW GOAT?

{<jordan}

"GSP edges him for now"

GSP is light years ahead. The recency bias is getting ridiculous on here. Usman would need another 7 title defenses for there to even be a debate.

Lay and pray Snoozman will never be all time great. Because nobody remembers his fights they all fall asleep watchin that snoozfest

Lol it doesn't work that way.
People don't like him and he hasn't beaten 14 people without Wikipedia pages like khabib

Footstomps against the cage for 5 rounds disqualify you from goat talks

Usman is good though. With one more good win he’s clearly #2 WW GOAT and somewhere top15 p4p. If he continues that way, he can pass GSP in 4-5 fights

Since methods, strategies, and techniques are constantly evolving, the GOAT discussion really has to be framed around the fighter's contemporaries. If not, then it doesn't make sense. GSP was miles ahead of everyone forever. His only 'loss' later in his career was against a guy who absolutely faded after USADA came in.

I like Usman, and (while I'm not an emotional fan) would definitely like to see him stay champ for a while, but he's not GSP dominant.

Usman is good though. With one more good win he’s clearly #2 WW GOAT and somewhere top15 p4p. If he continues that way, he can pass GSP in 4-5 fights
That's why you don't just look at records. You have to look at the fights and the context of the era they happened in.

If you want to put Usman in your GOAT list go ahead nobody is stopping you.

The real question is why are you so mad at others putting Khabib in their GOAT list? Which is what this thread is really about.
I agree. Khabib retiring on top has driven everyone from Jones to Conor to the average Sherdogger crazy with hypothetical GOAT/P4P discussions

He's pretty good, but current WW is pretty shallow.

His last defense was against a journeyman on short notice, he hugged him on the cage to a decision, like he does with most of his opponents.

His last finish in YEARS was a controversial one against Colby.

We'll see, he has a claim to WW GOAT for sure, but I think GSP edges him for now.
Masvidal is a legit contender. Lol at calling him a journeyman because you don’t like him.

Since methods, strategies, and techniques are constantly evolving, the GOAT discussion really has to be framed around the fighter's contemporaries. If not, then it doesn't make sense. GSP was miles ahead of everyone forever. His only 'loss' later in his career was against a guy who absolutely faded after USADA came in.

I like Usman, and (while I'm not an emotional fan) would definitely like to see him stay champ for a while, but he's not GSP dominant.
Like how? GSP lost his first title shot and then lost his first title defence. Usman is doing much better already

But there many GOAT worthy champions right now.

Khabib
Jones
Adesanya
Stipe
Usman
Volkanovski

all have good claims to be at least their division GOATS
Recency bias for everybody except Jones and maybe Khabib.

Usman is dominant, but too god damn boring to be the goat. Even if he sets the title defense record he's not goat material. Someone as boring as him would have to literally double the title defense record for me to says he's the greatest.

Back