• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Use of weight-loss drugs soars among kids, young adults

I went to a grad party yesterday and could not believe all the women (moms) that had lost considerable weight. At least 6 and most admitted it was Ozempic or it's competitors. None of them had diabetes or prediabetes. I am talking 40lb losses. Whether or not there are side effects, the stuff works in a fast amount of time.

I know it sounds dystopian in a sense, but we already do the same when it comes to taking pain killers after a night of drinking, or pepto after a very spicy meal.

I agree. But nothing you've said suggests their eating habits (children that is) are a choice.

Yeah, the kids are screwed through no fault of their own. We're several generations away from the time when there was somebody in most households who could cook good meals from scratch.

Yeah, the kids are screwed through no fault of their own. We're several generations away from the time when there was somebody in most households who could cook good meals from scratch.
I guess but I think lots of people can cook who just don't because their boss is a bitch and sonny needs an expensive new pair of shoes just for gym class and missy needed emergency care after stepping on a nail, and whatever other stressor you want to mention.

Remember so-called latch key kids? And then the pandemic came along and staying home all the time playing video games or staring at phones became the norm for millions and millions of children and the effects on them are begging to be felt.

I wasn't against the early pandemic measures, though, FTR. But they happened and the apparent lack of planning for helping children deal with the aftermath is very disappointing.

I disagree, it’s actually not all that difficult if you’re interested in it. I’ve been working out for quite a while now, and I gathered most of my knowledge about fitness and exercise from YouTube. Of course I didn’t just watch a single YouTube video and accept it as gospel, I watched hundreds of YouTube videos on strength and muscle building, and was able to separate the useful stuff from the bullshit just by noticing how certain things were being repeated by just about everyone and I focused on those.

I think it’s easier now than it has ever been to educate yourself on any topic that might interest you, so yeah the only thing that’s stopping people from changing their life is usually laziness.
- I can say that most people dont have interest in it. Strenght training isnt even that dificult, and we see year after year people strugling to progress the weights they lift.

I see here on were i live, and i bet you see were you live, people waliking in hope to lose excess weight, but 40 min walks dont compesate for the rest of the day eating and laying around.

There are so many people who claim “I’ve tried everything “ but what they mean is they went to the gym for a few weeks and tried a fad diet for a month.

Some people do have a legitimate condition that makes it hard to lose weight, but that’s a small percentage. Most people are obese because of poor choices. Having a miracle pill doesn’t solve the issue.
- How much time and experiece training and dieting, has a 17 year old girl anyway?
How can the parent let a girl get this size anyway.

@Sinister @Sano - Answeer the call!

larissa-home-cortada-original.jpeg

If you lived through the 90's, you already know the dangers of "weight loss" drugs. That said, if you're 400lbs you may as well pick your poison and go for it. The people looking to lose 10-20lbs with a quick fix are gonna be the ones regretting their choices.

But hey, if they find a weight loss drug that works for everyone, more power to them. I've been conditioned to believe that there is always a price to pay for this shit. Usually is, when your body is being transformed at a rapid pace by a drug, but you never know.
Word. In college, real ephedrine was flooding the market and I took Ripped Fuel daily to juggle a full time job, work out like an animal, and bang sorority sloots into the wee hours. Aside from the 8 pack on a diet of Little Caesars and suds my inability to catch my breath for three years probably took 10 years off my life.

Last edited:
Word. In college, real ephedrine was flooding the market and I took Ripped Fuel daily to juggle a full time job, work out like an animal, and bang sorority shoots into the wee hours. Aside from the 8 pack on a diet of Little Caesars and suds my inability to catch my breath for three years probably took 10 years off my life.
- I havent seen that name in a decade or more. Guys took that thing before sparring/fighting. The smallest more superficial cut, become a blood-bath!

For many it's not a choice. Ever heard of a food desert? The cheapest foods are the most fattening and the most widely available; there's little a poor person can do about that.

If you're working poor with little ones to get home to and take care of where are you getting the time to travel across town to the supermarket for fresh fruits and vegetables you often can't afford anyway?

Edit: of course there are lots of obese people who don't have these challenges but they may have others.
I mean fast food is easier than fine dining. But I imagine getting apples, chicken breast, carrots wouldn't cost horribly much more than poptarts, sugary cereals, boxes of oreos, etc.

Obviously, there is a mental illness component to it but there shouldn't be as many obese children as there are before even starting kindergarten. I am not one of those tards that pushes their lifestyle on other people but children that young shouldn't even have to think about their weight or what food that they are putting in their mouths, its on their parents to feed them the proper nutrition because its killing your kid and it just sets them up for a miserable childhood experience that nobody deserves.

if you want to be fat be fat, but if you have fat kids or fat pets you’re a fucking piece of shit.

I mean fast food is easier than fine dining. But I imagine getting apples, chicken breast, carrots wouldn't cost horribly much more than poptarts, sugary cereals, boxes of oreos, etc.

Obviously, there is a mental illness component to it but there shouldn't be as many obese children as there are before even starting kindergarten. I am not one of those tards that pushes their lifestyle on other people but children that young shouldn't even have to think about their weight or what food that they are putting in their mouths, its on their parents to feed them the proper nutrition because its killing your kid and it just sets them up for a miserable childhood experience that nobody deserves.
- Fast food is expensive here. And people are getting fatter by the day.

There are so many people who claim “I’ve tried everything “ but what they mean is they went to the gym for a few weeks and tried a fad diet for a month.

Some people do have a legitimate condition that makes it hard to lose weight, but that’s a small percentage. Most people are obese because of poor choices. Having a miracle pill doesn’t solve the issue.
I don't agree with your assumed proportions.

I don't agree with your assumed proportions.
Fair enough on where exactly that line should be drawn, but poor nutrition choices and lack of exercise definitely account for a significant part of the obesity issue.

if you want to be fat be fat, but if you have fat kids or fat pets you’re a fucking piece of shit.
- Two of my pet cats are fat. I've put pics of them on the pet thread. Fattie was simple born chubby, she is pretty active.

You’re not wrong. But those people just aren’t going to lose the weight. They’re not going to put in the effort unfortunately.

So a pill that is essentially reducing their appetite and resulting in a lot of these “lazy” people losing weight and not being the massive burden to the healthcare system they had been is a very good thing

You’re not wrong. But those people just aren’t going to lose the weight. They’re not going to put in the effort unfortunately.

So a pill that is essentially reducing their appetite and resulting in a lot of these “lazy” people losing weight and not being the massive burden to the healthcare system they had been is a very good thing

There's not even a way to quantify that claim. People who merely claim fat people are lazy are no different than people who buy into financial hustle-culture and tell other people that the secret to wealth is making more than you spend while simultaneously you have to spend to make. Nutritional advice is often equally retarded at base level. Eat less than you burn, but you need to eat well to have the energy to burn.

And people who scoff at the idea that genetics (and more importantly epigenetics) play a deciding role in athletic aptitude are similarly in mentality to those who think luck has nothing to do with their personal success.

Last edited:
- Fast food is expensive here. And people are getting fatter by the day.
It's the opposite in America. You go to poor areas. They don't have good grocery stores but they have fast food. My university campus was in a really poor area. The supermarket in that area is messed up. There is like this thing called quarter water. It's like water with sugar and food coloring. It's a tiny small bottle. In the bad supermarket they would sell that by the gallons.

Back