Social US News releases best and worst places to live, higest crime cities, most and least affordable, etc.

HockeyBjj

Putting on the foil
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Top 150 most populus cities in the US all here ranked in a variety of factors. So this specifically is NOT talking about rural or non prominent suburbs. Only largest 150 metro areas so please keep discussion there

https://realestate.usnews.com/places/rankings/best-places-to-live

Make of it what you will. San Fransico listed as the 10th best city stands out to me, Lot of Colorado in top 20.

Green Bay Wi the safest place to live in largest 150 cities. San Juan PR the most dangerous, Jackson Mississippi the most dangerous city in a state followed by Memphis TN.

Figured good WR article to dig through

Just two New England towns in the top 50, lol.

Jackson and Memphis most dangerous?

<{ByeHomer}>

SLC at #31...

FUCK, means more folks from like CA and WA and OR are going to move here.

FUCK

Top 150 most populus cities in the US all here ranked in a variety of factors. So this specifically is NOT talking about rural or non prominent suburbs. Only largest 150 metro areas so please keep discussion there

https://realestate.usnews.com/places/rankings/best-places-to-live

Make of it what you will. San Fransico listed as the 10th best city stands out to me, Lot of Colorado in top 20.

Green Bay Wi the safest place to live in largest 150 cities. San Juan PR the most dangerous, Jackson Mississippi the most dangerous city in a state followed by Memphis TN.

Figured good WR article to dig through

DC at 30 doesn't seem right. Obviously that would depend on what area of DC.

Perhaps quality of tent cities and acceptance of public defecation were weighed pretty heavily.
They weighed the job market and the amount of people migrating there pretty heavily which is why it is so highly ranked

They weighed the job market and the amount of people migrating there pretty heavily which is why it is so highly ranked
Seattle's COL should nullify that though. When I was looking at jobs there I wanted an apartment near where I worked and it would be near $1300 or $1500 a month for a like 350 sq ft micro apartment.

Seattle's COL should nullify that though. When I was looking at jobs there I wanted an apartment near where I worked and it would be near $1300 or $1500 a month for a like 350 sq ft micro apartment.
QOL and COL should be weighed more heavily but I understand why they placed an importance on jobs and the rate people move to the city
Still don't think SF should be anywhere near the top 10

Just two New England towns in the top 50, lol.

There are only 3 or 4 New England metros (Boston, Portland, either Burlington or Providence If you’re young) worth noting, so they’re not doing too bad. Boston would be a lot higher if it weren’t so overpriced for what it is.

Now click on the "best place to retire" button, which is ranked based on happiness of local residents, housing affordability, taxes, and quality of health care. I'd be delighted to know why they think those criteria are valuable to retirees but not that valuable if you're still working.

Back