Economy US Navy to Outsource Ship Repairs to Allies

Orgasmo

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Hah! I told you months ago. The only surprise was they're giving repair contracts to India. US shipbuilding industry has been neglected for decades, and this was bound to happen.
  • For years, the US Navy has struggled to complete repairs of its ships on time.
  • Protracted delays heighten concerns about maintaining US naval presence in the Western Pacific.
The rapid expansion of China's navy has heightened concerns about the availability of the US Navy's fleet, driving Washington to look abroad for help repairing warships that might otherwise face long delays at home.

China has the world's largest navy, with more than 370 ships and submarines in service in 2022, according to the Pentagon latest report on the Chinese military. Officials and experts say the US Navy's battleforce of roughly 300 ships has a qualitative advantage, but its edge has been dulled by protracted delays at domestic shipyards, problems that have the US looking to foreign shipyards to perform some maintenance and repairs its ships have had to leave the Pacific to receive.

The Government Accountability Office said in January that across 10 classes of US Navy ships, the average depot-maintenance delay per ship increased from 14 days in 2011 to 19 days in 2021. That number has improved, but delays persist amid other challenges at Navy shipyards.

The number of US shipyards has shrunk since the Cold War, and at the four public shipyards still in operation, "the condition of their dry docks and facilities is poor, and their equipment is generally past its useful life," the GAO said in June.
Sauce: China's massive navy is only getting bigger, and the US is looking overseas for help keeping its warships in action | Business Insider India

Not only is chinas navy getting bigger but their technology is getting more advanced because of cities like shenzhen.

Every year, the propaganda against China is ramping up even more. How their economy is in shambles, how their infrastructure is crumbling, etc.. how they're being aggressive towards other countries. Meanwhile, the US is drone bombing the shit out of everyone, toppling governments, propping up dictators, making sure to keep every competing country at the bottom

That's how I know China is winning

Every year, the propaganda against China is ramping up even more. How their economy is in shambles, how their infrastructure is crumbling, etc.. how they're being aggressive towards other countries. Meanwhile, the US is drone bombing the shit out of everyone, toppling governments, propping up dictators, making sure to keep every competing country at the bottom

That's how I know China is winning
Uh no that’s completely wrong. People have only caught on to Chinas looming problems in the last year or saw. It’s not propaganda, they are predictions based on some very solid evidence. Before this last year all you would hear about is how China is number 1 gonna replace the US, including on here with goobers like the TS starting threads about how great China is all the time. So really the exact opposite of what you claim

Reactions: lsa
Uh no that’s completely wrong. People have only caught on to Chinas looming problems in the last year or saw. It’s not propaganda, they are predictions based on some very solid evidence. Before this last year all you would hear about is how China is number 1 gonna replace the US, including on here with goobers like the TS starting threads about how great China is all the time. So really the exact opposite of what you claim
What reality are you living in? We have been seeing constant predictions about china's "imminent collapse" for the last decade

What reality are you living in? We have been seeing constant predictions about china's "imminent collapse" for the last decade
Yeah, you can say this about anything, because there’s 7 billion voices in the world.

There have been voices saying this for over a decade, but they haven’t been mainstream until like the last year. Corporate America, much of the world’s countries, dudes with anime avatars on forums, etc. have all been predicting China will overtake the US. First it was was the early 2020s, then the late 2020s, Goldman Sach’s (I think) said by the 2030’s now everybody is like “uhh…probably not happening”

The US already does this to an extent. US Navy ships get repaired by foreign workers in foreign ports. I witnessed it in Sasebo, Japan.

The Japanese workers did excellent work from what I was told.

Yeah, you can say this about anything, because there’s 7 billion voices in the world.

There have been voices saying this for over a decade, but they haven’t been mainstream until like the last year
I like to call this the "I just started paying attention bias". Like, you just came of age and started paying attention to the media over the last year or two, and so everything seems to have just started happening to you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Coming_Collapse_of_China
The Coming Collapse of China is a book by Gordon G. Chang, published in 2001, in which he argued that the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) was the root cause of many of China's problems and would cause the country's collapse by 2011. When 2011 was almost over, Chang admitted that his prediction was wrong but said it was off by only a year, asserting in Foreign Policy that the CCP would fall in 2012. Consequently he made the magazine's "10 worst predictions of the year" twice.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2011/12/29/the-coming-collapse-of-china-2012-edition/
I admit it: My prediction that the Communist Party would fall by 2011 was wrong. Still, I'm only off by a year.

Foreign Policy is one of the most mainstream and important foreign policy journals.

Here's another Foreign Policy article from 1995 predicting the collapse of China -
https://www.jstor.org/stable/1149004

Here's a 2012 article from the Atlantic commenting on the trend of constant predictions of China's collapse -
https://www.theatlantic.com/interna...ong-history-of-defying-the-doomsayers/261783/
China's Long History of Defying the Doomsayers

Sorry to burst your bubble man, but the world didn't start moving when your sentience came fully online.

Imagine trying to spin military access to foreign ports on the other side of the world as a bad thing.

I like to call this the "I just started paying attention bias". Like, you just came of age and started paying attention to the media over the last year or two, and so everything seems to have just started happening to you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Coming_Collapse_of_China

https://foreignpolicy.com/2011/12/29/the-coming-collapse-of-china-2012-edition/

Foreign Policy is one of the most mainstream and important foreign policy journals.

Here's another Foreign Policy article from 1995 predicting the collapse of China -
https://www.jstor.org/stable/1149004

Here's a 2012 article from the Atlantic commenting on the trend of constant predictions of China's collapse -
https://www.theatlantic.com/interna...ong-history-of-defying-the-doomsayers/261783/

Sorry to burst your bubble man, but the world didn't start moving when your sentience came fully online.
There’s a difference between the collapse of the CCP & the collapse of China. Yes, it is true that people predicted that the CCP would collapse, the whole capitalism leading to democracy thing, this is completely different from a collapse of China, the opposite in fact. Democracy would bring even more growth.

It’s funny though that someone I’ve never even seen post in the War Room is saying that I didn’t start paying attention to politics until the last year.

Now I’m just gonna have to deal with strawman arguments about this & that when I don’t believe that the CCP is going to lose power soon, or expect a “collapse” that will lead into anarchy or something. I just am a witness that China is declining and will not overtake the US.

Back