Economy US Manufacturing Could Need Up To 3.8 Million New Employees by 2033

Great...

More shitty customer service, coupled with complacency and an accent I can't understand to save my life.

Skynet needs to hurry the fuck up man.

I'm sure all the close the border folks will be lining up for these manufacturing jobs. The lines will be so big you won't even see the end of them.

I'm sure all the close the border folks will be lining up for these manufacturing jobs. The lines will be so big you won't even see the end of them.

I think people will just continue pretending the jobs don't exist and that our manufacturing sector is dead.

Intel Corp and Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) have partnered with community colleges in Arizona to provide training programs for students who wish to enter the semiconductor industry. The Maricopa County Community College District will provide the tuition for the program, and the training will set the students up with the tools to earn a stable living upon completion of the program. This program comes along with the establishment of more semiconductor plants as domestic companies attempt to compete with the decline of domestic production.

The program will provide the educational opportunities necessary to develop a new generation of semiconductor workers: In an effort to provide the talent needed to keep production going, Chandler-Gilbert Community College (CGCC) is one of three colleges in the Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) to offer a Semiconductor Technician Quick Start program, an in-person, 10-day certification course where participants can learn the skills needed to join this fast-growing industry—in less than two weeks. Estrella Mountain Community College and Mesa Community College are offering the program as well, developed in partnership with major area employers such as Intel Corp. The Semiconductor Technician Quick Start program can be completed at no cost to Arizona residents.

The accelerated two-week program prepares students for a rewarding career as a semiconductor technician with hands-on learning from industry experienced Intel employees as instructors. "The Industrial Technology for the Semiconductor Industry Program accelerates the attainment of industry credentials for our students – opening doors for promising in-demand careers supporting our state and national economy," said MCC interim president, Lori Berquam, Ph.D. "The program offers our current and future students an incredible opportunity to develop knowledge and skills."

Exactly. Pay a reasonable wage and they won't have any trouble finding local workere
The two hospitals I've worked for in the last 10 years wonder why there are shortages for positions like nurses, lab techs, pharmacy techs, etc. They are trying to start these people at $20.00 per hour max. You can get the same wage with way less stress in retail or even some food places.

That semiconductor program is a hell of deal ain't it, @Long Dark Blues? Imagine being the average joe with no university degree and zero skills yet still having the opportunity to go work in an environment with the most technologically advanced capital equipment ever produced by humanity, making $30 per with bennies as walk-on, entry-level process technician.

The two hospitals I've worked for in the last 10 years wonder why there are shortages for positions like nurses, lab techs, pharmacy techs, etc. They are trying to start these people at $20.00 per hour max. You can get the same wage with way less stress in retail or even some food places.

In-N-Out burger employees are making damn near 20 down here, lol. And it's not California.

That semiconductor program is a hell of deal ain't it, @Long Dark Blues? Imagine being the average joe with no university degree and zero skills yet still having the opportunity to go work in an environment with the most technologically advanced capital equipment ever produced by humanity, making $30 per with bennies as walk-on, entry-level process technician.

Absolutely, I love it.

Community partnerships with advanced industry enriching Americans at the community college level with little or no investment on the individual level just absolutely warms my heart.

This mirrors -- or perhaps is an extension of -- the push several years back when the manufacturing industry was first identifying that there was going to be a severe shortage of workers; community colleges and "job ready" community programs and co-ops across the country were offering to pay for industrial training in various capacities.

I know several people who recieved free training after being laid-off, or after going through recovery programs where they then had a stigma; PLC programming, wiring, automation mechanics, etc. All successful individuals now, all able to make a living and provide for their families because of programs like mentioned in your post.

I can't imagine people NOT taking advantage of this. It is a golden opportunity!

Absolutely, I love it.

Community partnerships with advanced industry enriching Americans at the community college level with little or no investment on the individual level just absolutely warms my heart.

This mirrors -- or perhaps is an extension of -- the push several years back when the manufacturing industry was first identifying that there was going to be a severe shortage of workers; community colleges and "job ready" community programs and co-ops across the country were offering to pay for industrial training in various capacities.

I know several people who recieved free training after being laid-off, or after going through recovery programs where they then had a stigma; PLC programming, wiring, automation mechanics, etc. All successful individuals now, all able to make a living and provide for their families because of programs like mentioned in your post.

I can't imagine people NOT taking advantage of this. It is a golden opportunity!

I feel like we've been talking about this for years now. And literally we: me, you, and @ElKarlo alone. Integrated Circuits in particular, the local industry ecosystem and supply chain being built in my city has been one of my pet topics - maybe the pet topic - for years. To see it all coming to fruition in an explosion of domestic industrial tech production, high wage employment, and fortified national security isn't surprising. I knew it was coming and said so, repeatedly. It's still fucking awesome though.

The program will provide the educational opportunities necessary to develop a new generation of semiconductor workers: In an effort to provide the talent needed to keep production going, Chandler-Gilbert Community College (CGCC) is one of three colleges in the Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) to offer a Semiconductor Technician Quick Start program, an in-person, 10-day certification course where participants can learn the skills needed to join this fast-growing industry—in less than two weeks. Estrella Mountain Community College and Mesa Community College are offering the program as well, developed in partnership with major area employers such as Intel Corp. The Semiconductor Technician Quick Start program can be completed at no cost to Arizona residents.

The accelerated two-week program prepares students for a rewarding career as a semiconductor technician with hands-on learning from industry experienced Intel employees as instructors. "The Industrial Technology for the Semiconductor Industry Program accelerates the attainment of industry credentials for our students – opening doors for promising in-demand careers supporting our state and national economy," said MCC interim president, Lori Berquam, Ph.D. "The program offers our current and future students an incredible opportunity to develop knowledge and skills."

This is gonna be a total shit show, you can't even begin to teach the fundamentals for working in the semiconductor industry in 10 days. They won't be qualified for anything other than sweeping floors and emptying garbage cans. I've worked in clean room electronics manufacturing in the past, what we did was maybe 2-3 levels down from semiconductor work and it still takes at least a 2 year college program to get up to speed. And this was where half the college program was taught by industry workers. Without a math & technical background which covers control theory and statistical process control you are next to useless in any technical field, and you ain't learning that shit in 10 days. You can't even begin to learn it without a background in statistics, algebra, and calculus.

Education & training for work in semiconductors needs to start at a far earlier stage. You need an education system which produces graduates with a strong math & technical background, then you need to train them on the processes & machines. It's not just the knowledge that's important, it's an entire mindset & way of doing things in a technical & systematic way which is foreign to normal people. You need to break a lot of normal habits & ways of thinking and adopt new ones to work effectively in the field.

This is gonna be a total shit show, you can't even begin to teach the fundamentals for working in the semiconductor industry in 10 days. They won't be qualified for anything other than sweeping floors and emptying garbage cans. I've worked in clean room electronics manufacturing in the past, what we did was maybe 2-3 levels down from semiconductor work and it still takes at least a 2 year college program to get up to speed. And this was where half the college program was taught by industry workers. Without a math & technical background which covers control theory and statistical process control you are next to useless in any technical field, and you ain't learning that shit in 10 days. You can't even begin to learn it without a background in statistics, algebra, and calculus.

Education & training for work in semiconductors needs to start at a far earlier stage. You need an education system which produces graduates with a strong math & technical background, then you need to train them on the processes & machines. It's not just the knowledge that's important, it's an entire mindset & way of doing things in a technical & systematic way which is foreign to normal people. You need to break a lot of normal habits & ways of thinking and adopt new ones to work effectively in the field.

You need to raise these concerns with Intel, they cannot afford any further shitshows. The program has already been in effect for over a year now. Indeed, they used to require a two-year AAS in microelectronics at the bare minimum to get in the door for entry-level positions but also didn't have their own engineers and technicians running those programs.

In-N-Out burger employees are making damn near 20 down here, lol. And it's not California.
I'm in Ohio, and at least in non-rural areas you can easily find unskilled jobs right around 20. I do not blame anyone for not wanting to work when they are paid peanuts.

What's the pay range? Anything less than $30 bucks these days won't get you much, especially in high cost of living states.

Maybe the abortion bans will fill America with young poor people desperate for work.

Hopefully it's fast enough?

Fuck, young people, fuck as if the country depended on it.
Democrats have been pushing hard for immigrants to come in droves, at least until they got a little on them

Back