Social US gov. cancels student visa for Chinese graduate students with military links.

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
No, the US is not deporting or cancelling the visa of all Chinese students, just the ones linked to the military, because China has been very pervasive in stealing American technology.

U.S. to Expel Chinese Graduate Students With Ties to China’s Military Schools

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration plans to cancel the visas of thousands of Chinese graduate students and researchers in the United States who have direct ties to universities affiliated with the People’s Liberation Army, according to American officials with knowledge of the discussions.

The plan would be the first designed to bar the access of a category of Chinese students, who, over all, form the single largest foreign student population in the United States.

snip

Administrators and teachers have been briefed in recent years by the F.B.I. and the Justice Department on potential national security threats posed by Chinese students, especially ones working in the sciences.

It's NYT ,so it is behind a paywall.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/28/us/politics/china-hong-kong-trump-student-visas.html

--

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States is planning to cancel the visas of thousands of Chinese graduate students believed by President Donald Trump’s administration to have links with China’s military, two sources with knowledge of the matter said on Thursday.

The move, first reported by the New York Times, could impact 3,000 to 5,000 Chinese students and could be announced as early as this week, according to the sources, including a current U.S. official and another individual who was briefed on the administration’s internal discussions.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...inese-graduate-students-sources-idUSKBN2342AX

---

About god dam time ! Chinese I.P. theft and espionage is a serious issue.

Edit
@panamaican or @Lead or @Ruprecht Can you please merge with the older thread.I did not see that one. Thanks

Last edited:
Seems like a very good idea...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back