• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

US debt Spiked a trillion in the past 6 months. #MAGA #DraintheSwamp

Pretty obvious they are trying to tank the government so when the inevitable crash occurs they can tell the plebs: "Look serfs!! You cant rely on government so give more power to us oligarchs, well take care of you"

That is their long game.

Who crashes first. Germany/EU, China or the US ?

Who crashes first. Germany/EU, China or the US ?

I don't see a crash as the biggest threat. We respond to crises well, it's the slow decline we fail to act upon. In which case, USA most vulnerable. EU next, China last, with the caveat China is at a higher risk of short/medium term shocks, specifically economic overheat.

This is not good. The economy is kicking ass and the debt is skyrocketing. When the inevitable economic downturn arrives shit is going to be bad.

Add in a greater portion of wealth in ever fewer hands and already low interest rates and things will get really ugly.

Fucking lol. Were you born in late 2016?

^ Check it. Another liberal rebuttal loaded with substantive argument. :rolleyes:

I am old enough to know that giving Democrats the reigns gave us garbage like the Affordable Care Act. If we're going to reverse course, let's do it all the way.

Going according to plan. In 2020 when there is a Dem in the WH, the GOP will be all about "Look we need to cut social security and Medicare now - act like the adult in the room Dem Pres and make the "grand bargain"".

It's all about trying to force SS and Medicare cuts, but not having the guts to do it themselves.

Well it´s a good thing you have a fiscally responsible administration that is using the low unemployment and booming economy to reduce national debt.

There really isn't an option excuse in this climate to be running it up. They had everything set up to just coast and do what they said they would fiscally and still, with it being that easy, they went the complete opposite direction. This is why I don't consider myself a small government conservative. That's become code for tax cuts with no spending cuts and thus, never debt neutral. Going for a tax cut first without any reduction in spending is trash and just as harmful as excessive spending (which you could argue they are doing too)

Going according to plan. In 2020 when there is a Dem in the WH, the GOP will be all about "Look we need to cut social security and Medicare now - act like the adult in the room Dem Pres and make the "grand bargain"".

It's all about trying to force SS and Medicare cuts, but not having the guts to do it themselves.

Most republican supporters are old people who think there's other places to significantly cut in government outside of SS, Medicare, Medicaid and the military. It's like talking to a wall with them when you present the reality of what the budget is each year. They don't understand where the cuts are going to have to come from when you ramp up the military spending for really no reason.

it's amazing that nobody in washington can think that far ahead

not even the economists
Pretty much every economist that commented on the tax bill said it was the absolute opposite to what should be done. They all said it was fucking terrible and would lead to a horrible economic outcome. Thanks to Republican gerrymandering, they don't give a flying fuck. No matter how bad things get, they will blame the Dems, their base will believe them, and they will expect to be re-elected. Don't forget, rich people may lose some money when there's an economic downturn, or crash more likely in this case, but for the most part they're insulated from it since they make the financial rules.

When are Republican voters going to realize they have been conned since Reagan, fiscal responsibility? family values? LOL

You should see him bravely running into battle to protect others, he's a goddamned American Hero

Whoa whoa whoa!!! Let’s be realistic here. He’s a bit too old to be running anywhere.. full throttle headlong into danger while driving his golf cart is more like it..

Pretty much every economist that commented on the tax bill said it was the absolute opposite to what should be done. They all said it was fucking terrible and would lead to a horrible economic outcome. Thanks to Republican gerrymandering, they don't give a flying fuck. No matter how bad things get, they will blame the Dems, their base will believe them, and they will expect to be re-elected. Don't forget, rich people may lose some money when there's an economic downturn, or crash more likely in this case, but for the most part they're insulated from it since they make the financial rules.

I suppose you're right. it's not that they didn't know

they just don't care

If you want to "drain the swamp," you have to put more Republicans in congress. Republicans don't have a big enough majority to stop Democrats from creating gridlock if Republicans don't bend on spending. The Democrats are worthless obstructionists, and voters need to remove them from office.
Some expert level word jujitsu here..

In laymen’s terms...you spun the shit out of trumps plan,lol...that’s Hannity level spin...you should’ve worked in a “but obama”for full effect.

The dems are responsible for everything bad in TRUMPS plan, and the republicans are responsible for everything right....

Lol, that’s the funniest shit I’ve read all morning

http://www.businessinsider.com/us-national-debt-spiked-1-trillion-in-less-than-6-months-2018-2

The GOP ran the last 8 years on reducing the debt, they get control of the House and presidency and spend money like a sailor on shore leave.
I thought the new tax cuts were debt neutral, so I guess we are distributing money upward and increasing the debt.

hiya 44nutman,

the funny thing is, in a few years or so when a Democrat is once again POTUS, folks who lean right will be moaning about our ballooning debt - and when questioned about what they were up to during the Trump years, they'll say, "i was one of the ones protesting that shit!".

- IGIT

Most republican supporters are old people who think there's other places to significantly cut in government outside of SS, Medicare, Medicaid and the military. It's like talking to a wall with them when you present the reality of what the budget is each year. They don't understand where the cuts are going to have to come from when you ramp up the military spending for really no reason.

hi Lead,

most, but not all.

i've spoken to a few of my friends who are righties, and they really do believe (or hope) that the recent tax cuts will cause some kind of miraculous growth that will offset the revenue losses from the tax cuts.

these are people who should know better, too.

maybe this belief is systemic.

- IGIT

Either party has zero plan to pay this debt off. Blame Bush, Obama or Trump i doesnt matter neither one has any pull I dont think when it comes to certain policies. This debt does not exist, its fake news.

That isn't true, Obama cut the deficit by more than half during his 8 years.

Handling the debt is not hard at all. Take care of the deficit, problem solves itself over time.

http://www.businessinsider.com/us-national-debt-spiked-1-trillion-in-less-than-6-months-2018-2

The GOP ran the last 8 years on reducing the debt, they get control of the House and presidency and spend money like a sailor on shore leave.
I thought the new tax cuts were debt neutral, so I guess we are distributing money upward and increasing the debt.

The tax cuts haven't even started for most.

But didn't the debt skyrocket historically under Obama? How come he gets no blame for this but gets to take credit for good things going on in the economy even today?

Our trade imbalances are going to ensure that our Debt to GDP keeps rising for the foreseeable future. People saying that Obama lowered Americas debt obligations are lying to your face.

Back