US Air Force secretary unveiled the first official rendering of the new Long Range Strike Bomber

GhostZ06

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
160226110747-b-21-artist-rendering-exlarge-169.jpg

ORLANDO, Fla. — The US Air Force secretary unveiled the first official rendering of the new Long Range Strike Bomber and revealed its official designation: the B-21.

In a speech at the Air Force Association's Air Warfare Symposium on Feb. 26, Secretary Deborah Lee James shared an artist's concept design of the next-generation bomber, which will be built by Northrop Grumman. She also announced the plane's long-awaited designation, calling it the B-21.

However, the Air Force still has not decided on a name for the new B-21, James said. She called on airmen to send in suggestions.

"So we have an image, we have a designation, but what we don't yet have, we don't yet have a name," James said, "and this is where I'm challenging and I'm calling on every airman today ... to give us your best suggestions for a name for the B-21, America's newest bomber."

http://www.defensenews.com/story/breaking-news/2016/02/26/b-21-bomber-air-force-lrsb/80976160/

....ok so we're making a B-2 2.0?

Lets go retro on the name.

Strato-ghost.
Silent-Fortress .

Or boomerang, get it "BOOM"erang

giphy.gif

B-Hauntin' (Horten) 229, as a tribute to the Horten Ho 229.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the old stealth bomber to me

They should go through owl names and name it after one imo. Stealth bombers of the sky.

200w.gif

Snowy-Owl-Michael-J.-Good-Sargent-250x250.jpg

owl_in_flight.jpg

snowy-c2a9-christopher-martin-724548.jpg

LEOW-flight-debbyparker011812-1185.jpg

snowy%2Bowl_9879.jpg

American-Justice.

Slide-Ruler.

Upside down metal pop-tart gunship.

Back