Urine trouble! FDA investigates video of Kellogg's worker pissing on cereal production line.

Arkain2K

Si vis pacem, para bellum
@Steel
Reaction score
We may soon get the answer to that age-old question: "Who pissed in your cereal this morning?"

Video shown unidentified worker urinating on Kellogg's assembly line
Mahita Gajanan
Monday 14 March 2016
5184.jpg

The video was shot at a time when Kellogg’s and a union were involved in a labor dispute.

The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has opened a criminal investigation after a video of a man urinating on a Kellogg’s factory assembly line surfaced online, the company announced.

The video, which was uploaded to worldstarhiphop.com on Friday, shows a man urinating on cereal as it comes off the assembly line. It then pans to a sign featuring the Kellogg’s logo.

An internal investigation by the food giant found that the video was recorded in 2014 at a factory in Memphis, Tennessee.

A statement from the company said products “potentially affected” by the urine would be past their expiration dates by now.

“Products that could have been potentially affected were Rice Krispies Treats, Rice Krispies Treats cereal and puffed rice cake products, all of which would be past expiration date,” Kellogg’s said in a statement to WREG News.

The video was shot at a time when Kellogg’s and a union were involved in a labor dispute.

Kellogg’s is conducting a separate internal investigation into the matter and is working to identify the urinating man.

“We are outraged by this completely unacceptable situation, and we will work closely with authorities to prosecute to the full extent of the law,” the company said.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/03/14/man-caught-urinating-on-cereal-at-kellogg-plant.html

Last edited:
"It is important to note that any products that could be potentially impacted would be very limited and past their expiration dates," the company said.l

Yeah because people already ate all that guys piss.

Thanks for putting us at ease Kellogg's.

Know how you can tell someone pissed in your cornflakes?

They don't taste like cardboard anymore.

What's the problem? I thought all the cool kids were drinking urine anyway?

Died. That was my takeaway too, don't worry people the pissed in corn flakes have already been eaten

It's sterile, so no big deal.

They should put the pisser in front of a firing squad. Messing with peoples food for no reason at all is not cool.

I swear to god every year I wish I was a farmer more and had control of my entire food supply.

That's what I said a few years back when Costco announced that the beef they sold in the previous month came from European Mad Cows, but "our valued customers need not be worried and continue to shop with confidence, knowing that our beef products currently on the shelves now are completely safe."

Last edited:
what about the frosted flakes? i just had a huge bowl of them and it tasted a little off

Man, I just ate a box of corn flakes over the Christmas break... meh.

brb going on MyFitnessPal to check the macros of piss

what about the frosted flakes? i just had a huge bowl of them and it tasted a little off

We have good news and bad news.

The good news is, that strange white frosting on your cereal isn't piss.

The bad news is, that strange white frosting on your cereal isn't piss.

Last edited:
Kellogg apologizes for Rice Krispies Treats urination
JC Reindl and Zlati Meyer, Detroit Free Press - March 14, 2016
635935735624253111-kellogg021906el2.JPG

Battle Creek-based Kellogg on Monday apologized to customers over a video in which a man urinated into a Rice Krispies Treats production line. The 2014 incident recently surfaced in an Internet video.

"Kellogg takes this situation very seriously and we are shocked and disappointed," company President Paul Norman said in a news release. "While this behavior was disgusting and criminal, this type of situation is a food-quality issue and does not present a food safety risk."

Kellogg said that law enforcement and the Food and Drug Administration have begun a criminal investigation.

The incident occurred at the firm's Memphis, Tenn., plant during a period of strained labor relations and potentially affected Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats, granola clusters and a few other puffed rice products that are no longer made. Rice Krispies cereal was not affected, the company said.

A video was posted Friday on the website World Star Hip Hop (Warning: Video contains graphic images.) that shows a man urinating onto a moving conveyor belt with puffed rice. The company said it determined the video was from 2014 because of changes in the plant's production line.

Kellogg spokeswoman Kris Charles said that at separate times in 2014, there were both Kellogg and temporary workers in the Memphis plant.

The National Labor Relations Board has held that Kellogg engaged in an unlawful nine-month employee lockout at the plant of more than 200 workers from October 2013 to August 2014. The board ordered Kellogg to reinstate the locked-out unionized workers and compensate them for lost pay.

The lockout was precipitated by Kellogg's attempts to modify a labor contract by bringing in "casual" workers to the plant who would be paid $6 less per hour and receive fewer benefits. The plant's unionized workers also could have been laid off and then rehired as "casual" workers under the company's proposal, which the employees' union rejected.

California-based food safety consultant Jeff Nelken said Monday that the video suggests a breach in the plant’s security system, as there typically are several people along a production line that might have seen what was happening.

“If a person is able to do something so strange and no one is watching, it’s pretty scary," Nelken said."Nowadays even when dog food is produced, there’s more than one person watching the assembly line.”

Kellogg said it did not receive any customer complaints that could have been related to the urination incident.

http://www.freep.com/story/money/bu...izes-rice-krispies-treats-urination/81777346/

Back