Urijah Faber's legacy

Joker Jiujitsu

Free toy in my Happy Meal
@Brown
Reaction score
I don't get why people are saying Faber represents fighters who are great but never held championships? There's an article comparing Benavidez and Faber. Do people really not remember Faber's championship run in WEC? He had a classic bout with Jens Pulver that I thought was well known. The guy did lose to Mike Brown and Jose Aldo to show he was no longer an elite FW, but at the same time, he was a champ. He was a pioneer. Benavidez is a silver medalist so far, but Urijah wasn't. I don't get the comparisons.

Goat chin!

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fdam%2Fimageserve%2F1154989668%2F960x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

I don't get why people are saying Faber represents fighters who are great but never held championships? There's an article comparing Benavidez and Faber. Do people really not remember Faber's championship run in WEC? He had a classic bout with Jens Pulver that I thought was well known. The guy did lose to Mike Brown and Jose Aldo to show he was no longer an elite FW, but at the same time, he was a champ. He was a pioneer. Benavidez is a silver medalist so far, but Urijah wasn't. I don't get the comparisons.

He was a guy who was light-years beyond his competition, in that new and unestablished weight division. The first time he faced real competition, he lost. Then it kept happening.

Sadly he'll be remembered for his 90000 failed UFC title shots, and being called a retired 50 year old skateboarder by Conor...

Truth is that he is one of the most decorated champions in the sports history and a true pioneer for manlet fighting.

Last edited:
He was a guy who was light-years beyond his competition, in that new and unestablished weight division. The first time he faced real competition, he lost. Then it kept happening.

After the first Mike Brown fight he won every non title fight against good competition until he lost to Frankie Edgar in 2015.

No one will care/know/remember, but on top of being an accomplished multi-time champion he also was very active. Lots of title defenses in a short amount of time. Always a plus.

He is also arguably top 5 all time in two divisions. Few if any others can say that.

Newbies don't realize that the WEC contained what was functionally the UFC featherweight and bantamweight divisions prior to their getting officially folded into the org. Faber was (functionally) a UFC featherweight champion.

He is an actual “legend” of the sport. I know that word gets thrown around a lot but in this case he really is. One of the premier lighter weight fighters and was one of the reasons why they started getting a lot of recognition in the US.

He was a champion and stayed elite throughout his career even after losing title fights since he basically beat and often finished other contenders. On top of that he is the owner of one of the most well known MMA teams out there

When he called Dom the "Decision-ator"

{<jordan}

That was great.
"Do you take me for a fearful man, Conor?"

Faber is hilarious.

Would have dropped Conor, and slapped on a crisp guillotine.

If didn't happen in the UFC, then it will most probably be forgotten. Are some of you even sports fans? Your lack of understanding of how sports progress is hilarious.

As long as the UFC continues to grow in strength and move to be the premier MMA promotion monopoly, all the achievements made outside the UFC banner will become less and less relevant. LOL

This is how all sports have progressed. MMA will not be any different. Fighters who were never great in the UFC will be less relevant to future fans (as long as the UFC continues to rule MMA with an iron fist).

Feardor fans. These are your last days of relevance. LOL

He is an actual “legend” of the sport. I know that word gets thrown around a lot but in this case he really is. One of the premier lighter weight fighters and was one of the reasons why they started getting a lot of recognition in the US.
<datassdom>A pioneer for sure.

He was a champion and stayed elite throughout his career even after losing title fights since he basically beat and often finished other contenders.
Faber dominated when the sport was gym rats.{<RR} He with the gifted physique.<RomeroSalute>
On top of that he is the owner of one of the most well known MMA teams out there
TAM has always attracted a following. <Dana05>Bro'ness + Go'ness, I call it.

If i had to some it up, I would say he is a bit chinny.

He dominated for years with what was essentially the UFC featherweight division. Its too bad he wasn't able to fight 135 earlier on too. He was champ in WEC and is a legend imo. Everyone will say shit like "he lost as soon as he fought real competition", but they kinda forget that the guard changes with age and he beat and submitted the top fighters of his era... its all relative.
Like submitting Cruz. Dude's a beast

A good point to make for the new fans. He was fun as hell to watch. If Faber was fighting you tuned in. Fabe had an aura back in the day the eludes so many top fighters.

Back