Urijah Fabers Legacy

KeithMcKenzieJunior

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Regrettably, win, lose or draw tonight Faber's legacy is that of failure.

A great fighter, with all the tools to be a huge success but someone who was weak minded and a bottler who couldn't ever get the job done when it mattered. 4 title shots is a lot and he never showed up for any of them.

Is he going to go down as the best UFC fighter to never win the big one? Why do people think he failed so badly on the big stage?

He was WEC champion. That was the big one. He will be remembered as a Florian type fighter who failed repeatedly in title fights but that's not really fair. He was the posterboy for WEC and FWs and a former champion.

I think it is evident he just lacked the big fight mentality. He has crumbled under the weight of expectation time and time again. It's my opinion he should just retire now, before this fight has begun so he can let everyone down one last time.

He was WEC champion. That was the big one. He will be remembered as a Florian type fighter who failed repeatedly in title fights but that's not really fair. He was the posterboy for WEC and FWs and a former champion.

The WEC is a diddy company, everyone knows winning the UFC title is the "big one". Faber is likeable enough guy but I think its alarming he has such a hand in training and influencing younger fighters in case he passes some of his weak mental issues on to them. He should step back for there own good.

A great fighter who didn't evolve, but didn't especially regress. The game has just slowly passed him by. He held WEC FW belt and defended it several times, for all his other title fight failures.

You guys are retard. He was one of the big faces of the WEC, and got to the UFC at an older age. If it weren't for Dom, he would be a GOAT, as much as I hate that term, and casuals would hale his great conquest. You guys didn't watch him back in the day.... He was the $hit

You guys are retard. He was one of the big faces of the WEC, and got to the UFC at an older age. If it weren't for Dom, he would be a GOAT, as much as I hate that term, and casuals would hale his great conquest. You guys didn't watch him back in the day.... He was the $hit

With appalling grammar and sentence structure like yours I find you calling anyone else a retard to be quite frankly ridiculous.

I have went back and watched every one of his title fights in the UFC and he lost every one of them convincingly. Being the greatest means you turn up for the huge fights and perform at your best and he never ever could. This is an undeniable fact.

He is a likeable guy yes but the only thing he is the big face of is the big face of failure.

I think it is evident he just lacked the big fight mentality. He has crumbled under the weight of expectation time and time again. It's my opinion he should just retire now, before this fight has begun so he can let everyone down one last time.
If you write Sherdog, to get your post on the first 5 pages, you have to write fast. I am working on my CPA license, and have been accepted to an MBA program at the UofA. If you want me to be a grammarian, Sherdog is the wrong place to look.

A great fighter who didn't evolve, but didn't especially regress. The game has just slowly passed him by. He held WEC FW belt and defended it several times, for all his other title fight failures.

Pretty much this. He's one of the goats of the lighter weight classes. Always acted with sportsmanship and class. It's hard to not like him.

I have went back and watched every one of his title fights in the UFC and he lost every one of them convincingly. Being the greatest means you turn up for the huge fights and perform at your best and he never ever could. This is an undeniable fact.

He is a likeable guy yes but the only thing he is the big face of is the big face of failure.
I haven't been on sherdog for a long time, so I will give you that. I will say, that it leads me to believe to you didn't watch his WEC days. He was epic. It's different now. There is more spread talent, which doesn't speak to excellence, but that's what it was. He is great & a pioneer.

Back