Urijah Faber vs Raphael Assun

brasilmma

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Source: Combate.com

The event will take place in Maracan

Damn. Rough time being Assuncao. Give the guy a damn title shot.

Didn't Assuncao recently break his ankle? Kind of rotten to see Rivera not getting a rematch and Urijah getting a #1 contender fight after that fucking eye poke. Rivera was lighting him up until that point.

I am so confuzed.. Why not have him fight for the title against Dillashaw a month later? I guess name value, but whatever.

So if Faber beats Assuncao is he #1 contender? Pretty awks....

I am so confuzed.. Why not have him fight for the title against Dillashaw a month later? I guess name value, but whatever.

Does Dillashaw have an opponent, or someone who can challenge soon?

Does Dillashaw have an opponent, or someone who can challenge soon?

Ya....RenanBarao at UFC 186 on Apr 25.

This fight will likely set up the next contender for the title.

Love this fight. Hopefully Jacare/Romero gets rescheduled for this card too.

Then we'd have

Faber/Assuncao
Jacare/Romero
Thomson/Burns

That would be a solid top 3 fights for a Brazil main card

Im kinda leaning towards assuncao this time. I think he has been looking very good while faber has looked less impressive than usual against lower level competition than he is accustomed to fighting. Raphaels diversity in his striking will lead him to a tough, close decision win.

assuncao has all the momentum, faber looked like shit against rivera... no idea how to cap this fight.

so it is shaping in exact way cruz wished
->faber gets titleshot
->faber wins dillashaw
->faber holds title to cruz's return
->cruz crushes faber and takes back what he never lost

so it is shaping in exact way cruz wished
->faber gets titleshot
->faber wins dillashaw
->faber holds title to cruz's return
->cruz crushes faber and takes back what he never lost

In order for all of that to happen they will have to fight until they are well in their forties.

Love this fight. Hopefully Jacare/Romero gets rescheduled for this card too.

Then we'd have

Faber/Assuncao
Jacare/Romero
Thomson/Burns

That would be a solid top 3 fights for a Brazil main card

I think Jacare vs Romero is too big as a fight for a free brazilian card nowadays.

Didn't Assuncao recently break his ankle? Kind of rotten to see Rivera not getting a rematch and Urijah getting a #1 contender fight after that fucking eye poke. Rivera was lighting him up until that point.

Rivera was doing well but I don't see how you can say that he was lighting Urijah up. Rivera had some good momentum going but it was a fairly even and non-eventful fight up to the eye poke.

At his point, the california geriatric has no business being in title contention. He's looked very mediocre in has past couple of bouts.

Back