Uriah Hall

Wompa1

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
So what do you guys think of Uriah Hall? He is kind of inconsistent...I mean sometimes he's a killer and other times he looks like he'd rather be friends than fight. I know he just won, but I don't know who that Budoonga guy is anyway. Its just hard to root for the guy sometimes...

So what do you guys think of Uriah Hall? He is kind of inconsistent...I mean sometimes he's a killer and other times he looks like he'd rather be friends than fight. I know he just won, but I don't know who that Budoonga guy is anyway. Its just hard to root for the guy sometimes...

His opponent is jon jones and aljamin sterling's good buddy. As for Hall. I can't figure him out, strange guy.

He is mentally inconsistent and broken a bit. Treatment from psychotherapist, maybe also hypnosis will be very good for him. He had a rough childhood, AFAIK.

He says he has a hard time thinking about hurting people.

I seriously can't believe how many people buy the "he doesn't want to hurt people" "wants to be friends", etc.

Goodness fucking gracious is that a load of crock. He's just not that good. Running around with your chin up in the air, your hands down, and afraid to commit to your 1's, 2's and 3's has nothing to do with not wanting to hurt people, it's just an overrated fighter whose athleticism gets them further than they are on a technical level fighting inferior athletes who use basic techniques to stifle his shit defense.

He is horrible defensively. Horrible. That has nothing to do with his mentality or whether or not he wants to be friends. He's too stubborn to fix the gaps in his game.

You guys are so impressed by his abs and crazy kicks that you automatically assume he's winning every fight he's in, and when he gets backed up, cut off, countered, outmanuevered, etc. like he does in every one of his losses, there's some weird excuse.

Not buying it with this guy.
From the bottom this guy. From the bottom

He just isn't as good as good as people made him out to be. Why can't people accept it and not look for stupid excuses like not wanting to hurt people.

Who the fuck trains MMA had 17 fights and has a mentality of I don't want to hurt people LOL please

He's a on and off kind of fighter. Either he wins impressively or loses to someone he should beat.

Very talented but he hasn't got the mentality to be a top 5 fighter.

I'm not keen on his attitude.

On TUF he seemed like a decent guy at times but then seemed like a dick.
And he seemed like a dick in his post-fight interview last night.

I dunno what his problems are mentally, but something isn't right.

I seriously can't believe how many people buy the "he doesn't want to hurt people" "wants to be friends", etc.

Goodness fucking gracious is that a load of crock. He's just not that good. Running around with your chin up in the air, your hands down, and afraid to commit to your 1's, 2's and 3's has nothing to do with not wanting to hurt people, it's just an overrated fighter whose athleticism gets them further than they are on a technical level fighting inferior athletes who use basic techniques to stifle his shit defense.

He is horrible defensively. Horrible. That has nothing to do with his mentality or whether or not he wants to be friends. He's too stubborn to fix the gaps in his game.

You guys are so impressed by his abs and crazy kicks that you automatically assume he's winning every fight he's in, and when he gets backed up, cut off, countered, outmanuevered, etc. like he does in every one of his losses, there's some weird excuse.

A thousand times this. There's some severe UFC hype train behind this guy, I guess because of his appearance and looking good against a few scrubs on TUF (before losing to a natural WW in the finale).

THANK YOU!!! I've been thinking that for awhile now and nobody here seems to see it.

I dont know man. I'm pretty sure it's not the abs or kicks, not for me at least. I just think he lost a lot of winnable fights, especially the Natal one. Sometimes he fights and other times he just bounces around and shit. Overall I've been disappointed more times than not.

That kick was the worst thing that happened to him

When he's 'on', he's a killer, like this weekend. Though Bamgbose is a natural WW.

Agreed. It was Dana who started the bullshit excuse about Hall being to nice to be a fighter, half of sherdog seem to have bought it lol. He does not seem unwilling to hurt his opponents if given the opportunity, as he has shown plenty of times, its just that when he is fighting tough fighters he may not get the chance to do so.

My take on it is that he is just a genuinely nice person who happens to be a genetically athletic freak with a good work ethic. This sounds kind of gay, but he's a gentle soul that is really good at fighting. If he had the spirit of somebody like Rampage or Tank Abbott; but mixed with the athletic gifts and work ethic he already possesses he would absolutely fucking terrifying.

Agreed. Great post.

Yeah, pretty much. Any yoked up black guy with a few KOs gets praised as the next big thing.

Seriously, if Neil Magny had bigger muscles, people would treat him like he's the next big thing. Oh, and they'd make up some BS about how he was 'off' in the Maia fight.

Big muscles + black dude + a few KOs over nobodys = HUGE HYPE

When he's 'on', he's a killer, like this weekend. Though Bamgbose is a natural WW.

But he's not actually 'on'. He just looks good when fighting nobodies and grandpa Chris Leben. The guy he beat up tonight doesn't even have a Wikipedia page.

Uriah Hall is never going to be a good fighter. I'm tired of the announcers trying to sell him as some kind of badass mofo. HE LOST TO JOHN HOWARD. Yes, John Howard, a slow WW with no plus-level skills who could probably make LW if he really wanted to.

Back