• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Uriah fights like a point fighter

Liddells Gut

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
The dude clearly packs ridiculous power, but you can tell that he isn't very far removed from the Tiger Schulmann school of fighting. He doesn't throw a lot of combinations, but plans for single, effective shots. The way that he picks his shots, he looks like he should still be wearing a karate uniform. I wonder if this approach will bite him in the *ss later...

How is he a point fighter if he has finished everyone opponent he has had in the house.

Just a troll, nothing more
He throws combinations and he finishes his opponents.

So jabs and leg kicks make you a point fighter? No, its called using your reach.

ok

Next time, whatch his fights

thanks for beating me to it. point fighters dont put people in the hospital. if the opponent wakes up asking where they are, they didnt get knocked out by a point fighter.

Didn't he finish Cella and Bubba, he's by no means a point fighter.

he didn't throw a ton of combos on the show because everyone he fought went into the turtle everytime he threw a jab. What do you want him to do? punch a guy in the hands 300 times until he punches himself in the face and knocks himself out?

thanks for beating me to it. point fighters dont put people in the hospital. if the opponent wakes up asking where they are, they didnt get knocked out by a point fighter.

You get points for being alert and oriented and able to stand. Otherwise, he clearly would have lost.

That being said, if you check out some of Hall's highlights and see some of his earlier kickboxing matches, he was competing in what appears to be a karate based full contact kickboxing competition and knocking people out.

People often associate karate with point fighting, but stylistically full contact karate that allows real sparring like kyokoshin can be part of a well rounded mma game, particularly when combined with grappling and rounded out with MT/Boxing.

Relax dudes. This is not trolling and there is no need to get offended by the suggestion. He fights like a karate point fighter who contains crazy amounts of power. Watch his karate youtube videos... its the same style (and he still devastates people), but it is a "point fighting style".

No sir that's called counter punching. Is Silva and Machida point fighters to?

Yeah, when he injured his opponent from his back, then unleashed, he was thinking about points.

Also, point fighters don't throw with serious power. They pace themselves.

No sir that's called counter punching. Is Silva and Machida point fighters to?

He's not even only a counter fighter
Andrews threw nothing in the last fight and Uriah started all the exchanges

Dont' want to waste time with trolls so I'll only make one post:

If you don't throw combinations you don't open yourself up to the takedown, it's not rocket science. I regularly feed people the forearm when they try shoot in, that's way before a sprawl or wizzer or switch. Second, it was a fight to get to the final and the guy wasn't even fighting back so what? look what he did to his face, why would he take the risk of he's turning the guys face into ground beef?

If you're not plodding forward throwing haymakers like a drunk you're not fighting.

Back