Updated WBW Rankings - Ronda up to #2

Zefram Cochrane

Follow me on Pictogram
@Silver
Reaction score
Inb4 they don't matter. This is Sherdog, we love to dissect 'till death things that don't matter, ya goofs.

http://www.ufc.com/rankings?id=

Champion : Amanda Nunes
1 Miesha Tate
2 Ronda Rousey
3 Valentina Shevchenko
4 Holly Holm
5 Julianna Pena
6 Cat Zingano
7 Sara McMann
8 Liz Carmouche
8 Raquel Pennington
10 Jessica Eye
11 Bethe Correia
12 Germaine de Randamie
13 Ashlee Evans-Smith
14 Katlyn Chookagian
15 Marion Reneau

Note: the two #8s are posted like that on the official site.

So, what match-ups will we have next?

My picks (barring Rousey coming back)
Nunes - Pena
Tate - Shevchenko
Holm - ????? (Zingano or Mcmann? Carmouche hasn't fought in year and Eye is on a 3-fight losing streak).

If Ronda can stay out a couple more years she'll be number 1 again.

Last edited:
What happened with Liz?
She hasn't fought in ages.
You'd think she'd be in the top 5 for inactivity.

Atrocious.
This needs to move away from opinion based ranking and more to the numerical algorithm based ranking.

1+ point for fighting, +3 points for winning, +5 points for winning the title, +5 for defending etc - then you could break it down into what opponents you are fighting and how you finished.

Number 8 (+1 for fighting) beat (+3) Number 5 by a finish (+1), extra points (+3) given for the ranking disadvantage. Every 4 months you don't fight you lose points (-2). If your on equal points with someone who beat you (most recently), they go above you.

I only just thought of this while sitting on the toilet hungover, so it might need some ironing out.

Rousey hitched a ride with Shevchenko back to the top of the rankings. Nice trick. And we thought she was a do nothing bitch.

Rousey hitched a ride with Shevchenko back to the top of the rankings. Nice trick. And we thought she was a do nothing bitch.
Maybe if she's a Do Nothin Bitch long enough, the title will become vacant at some point and she can just take it via rankings.

So, isn't it now apparent that Valentina should get the title shot?

Seeing she beat Miesha twice I'm surprised they just didn't spank her to #1. If one has to go retard, they might as well go full.

Someone remind me, did Cruz get removed?
I assume he did, If so how long did it take?

I know TJ Grant hung around in the rankings for an age it seemed.

*edit*
I guess Cruz was removed when he was stripped?
Ronda should be removed sooner rather than later if she isn't planning on fighting soon, but maybe she is.
I also assume the UFC will absolutely leave her up there to help justify the returning instant title shot if it was to happen, but when is enough enough? even for them?

Last edited:
Holm is only considered a great fighter because she beat the women's goat Ronda.
So what does that make Ronda?

This needs to move away from opinion based ranking and more to the numerical algorithm based ranking.

1+ point for fighting, +3 points for winning, +5 points for winning the title, +5 for defending etc - then you could break it down into what opponents you are fighting and how you finished.

Number 8 (+1 for fighting) beat (+3) Number 5 by a finish (+1), extra points (+3) given for the ranking disadvantage. Every 4 months you don't fight you lose points (-2). If your on equal points with someone who beat you (most recently), they go above you.

I only just thought of this while sitting on the toilet hungover, so it might need some ironing out.

And -6 for being a DNB.

Champion : Amanda Nunes
1 Miesha Tate
2 Ronda Rousey
3 Valentina Shevchenko
4 Holly Holm
5 Julianna Pena
6 Cat Zingano
7 Sara McMann
8 Liz Carmouche
8 Raquel Pennington
10 Jessica Eye
11 Bethe Correia
12 Germaine de Randamie
13 Ashlee Evans-Smith
14 Katlyn Chookagian
15 Marion Reneau
Rankings show what a fucking joke this shit show of a division is.

Miesha - #1 says something about the division, total lack of skills, there's literally nothing Miesha does really well if you don't measure it "for this division.."
Ronda #2 - good fighter, hasn't fought for 9 months or something and left on a KO and didn't do anything since
Valentina #3 - Number 3 in the division on a 1 fight win streak and with 3 fights in the UFC, 2-1
Zingano #6 - Was finished in 14 seconds, didn't fight for a year, lost comeback fight, almost top 5 of the world
McCann #7 - gets tapped by 16 years old female blue belts in local BJJ tournaments and her only UFC wins are a split decision over a girl who will probably be cut, a victory over a 125 pounder who was cut and the worst fight of the year against a girl who should be cut

It's literally "who's less shitty"

Last edited:
Hey she's beaten Tate twice shouldn't she be No1?

Honestly though she should be 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back