Updated rating of current and past MMA fighters based on comparisons with the all time greats

emax

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
On a 1-10 scale, with 1 being regional scrubs fresh out of factory jobs and 10 being the Anderson/Jon Jones/GSP/Fedor level of fighting, where do you rate the following current and past title contenders, in terms of overall capabilities, when they are fighting at their absolute peak?

Dillashaw

Mighty Mouse

Garbrandt

Cejudo

McGregor

Khabib

Cruz

Cormier

Miocic

Max Holloway

Brian Ortega

Frankie Edgar

Robert Whittaker

Gilbert Melendez

Benson Henderson

Bj Penn

Nate Diaz

Tyrone Woodley

Wonderboy Thompson

Attachments

• fighter.txt
    242 bytes · Views: 6
On a 1-10 scale, with 1 being regional scrubs fresh out of factory jobs and 10 being the Anderson/Jon Jones/GSP/Fedor level of fighting, where do you rate the following current and past title contenders, in terms of overall capabilities, when they are fighting at their absolute peak?

Dillashaw

Mighty Mouse

Garbrandt

Cejudo

McGregor

Khabib

Cruz

Cormier

Miocic

Max Holloway

Brian Ortega

Frankie Edgar

Robert Whittaker

Gilbert Melendez

Benson Henderson

Bj Penn

Nate Diaz

Tyrone Woodley

Wonderboy Thompson

Can you make an Excel sheet and upload it? With the ranking scale on scroll down in separate column.
Thank you

Even if you aren't prepared to give a rating for all of them, even just a select set of them would be interesting to see here. Even just 4-5 or so.

Even if you aren't prepared to give a rating for all of them, even just a select set of them would be interesting to see here. Even just 4-5 or so.

I'll do it later, pinky promise!

Dillashaw - 9

Mighty Mouse - 5

Garbrandt - 7

Cejudo - 6

McGregor - 8

Khabib - 9

Cruz - 9

Cormier - 10

Miocic - 5

Max Holloway - 9

Brian Ortega - 7

Frankie Edgar - 7.5

Robert Whittaker - 7

Gilbert Melendez - 7

Benson Henderson - 7

Bj Penn - 9,000,000,000,000,000

Nate Diaz - 6

Tyrone Woodley - 7

Wonderboy Thompson - 7

No Aldo included with the ATG's?

fuck yourself ts

Dillashaw - 9

Mighty Mouse - 5

Garbrandt - 7

Cejudo - 6

McGregor - 8

Khabib - 9

Cruz - 9

Cormier - 10

Miocic - 5

Max Holloway - 9

Brian Ortega - 7

Frankie Edgar - 7.5

Robert Whittaker - 7

Gilbert Melendez - 7

Benson Henderson - 7

Bj Penn - 9,000,000,000,000,000

Nate Diaz - 6

Tyrone Woodley - 7

Wonderboy Thompson - 7
Now my curiosity is piqued. Is rating JB Penn that high just trolling or do you really think he was that masterful at his peak?

Now my curiosity is piqued. Is rating JB Penn that high just trolling or do you really think he was that masterful at his peak?
Well, Motivated BJ Penn was a complete animal who not only bothered to train but he trained like a demon.

The results were pretty insane. I firmly believe that BJ could beat anyone, at any time at any weight class.

Well, Motivated BJ Penn was a complete animal who not only bothered to train but he trained like a demon.

The results were pretty insane. I firmly believe that BJ could beat anyone, at any time at any weight class.

I could understand feeling that way about 2007-2009 BJ Penn. I'm not 100 % sure I agree but yes, MMA audiences do tend to forget just how obscene a wrecker he was back then.

In term of fight abilities/capabilities and not in term of resume?
Here it goes:

Dillashaw - 10 He's just a beast, all right. One of the most elusive fight ever. His footwork and head movement both look akward, but goddamn it works.

Mighty Mouse - 10 Can do it all, and can do it fast!

Garbrandt - 8 He can it, and he has some of the fastest hands I ever seen in MMA. But his fighting IQ is low.

Cejudo - 7

McGregor - 8 If it wasn't on the fact that I don't really know what he can do on the ground, it would be a 10, because in my opinion, only GSP is better at timing his attacks. McGregor is a machine.

Khabib - 8 Can't give more because his stand-up is ok, but not that great.

Cruz - 9 One of the most intelligent fighter, the only one that can be argue as equally elusive as Dillashaw.

Cormier - 9

Miocic - 7 Great game for a HW, but it doesn't compare to the others

Max Holloway - 8

Brian Ortega -8

Frankie Edgar - 8 He has the same weapons as GSP, without being as elusive, and without the great timing

Robert Whittaker - 8/9 Can't decide. But he's a beast.

Gilbert Melendez - 7 He's game, but he wasn't talented enough to be a champion in the UFC

Benson Henderson - 8 GSP Lite, without the striking

Bj Penn - 8 Was able to do it all, but he was way too cocky, and honestly, his fighting IQ wasn't all that great, in retrospect.

Nate Diaz - 7 Again, not that great of fighting IQ, at least, when compared to the greats.

Tyrone Woodley - 8 Don't know engouh about his ground game to give him more, but he's like a better Johnny Hendricks (minus the steroids)

Wonderboy Thompson - ? I don't know. In theory he should be able to do what McGregor is capable of, but he don't seems to be able to put it together.

Back