News Update- man dives into feeding killers as test. Biggest predator attack since dinosaurs were here,”

I doubt it is because they learned to fear and respect man as something that could kill them. That typically would make them flee and be aggressive around us when they could not.

I think much like early wolves who never fucked with groups of humans and mostly vice versa the Orca's and dolphins had a similar relationship. Lots and lots of passing one another with almost no negative interactions and then some form of trust formed.

I think you're on to something but wolves definitely predate upon humans.

Maybe hunting whales, we fed them and that started it. It's a mad relationship tho,we don't have it with any other species.

Maybe they see us exhibiting culture and they think that we we deserve not to be killed for food. They've been observed conducting greeting ceremonies, funerals etc, perhaps we don't give them their due.

Last edited:
That was the wrong thing to do, they should not have done that...

They should stick to eating sharks imo...

Pod of killers attack a group of sperm whales.
Diver wonders if they will attack him if he jumps into the middle of the action and for the sake of science potentialy sacrifices himself for the cause.

That didnt prove a thing and was incredible dumb. We know for years that Orcas do not deliberate attack humans. Sperm whales attack and hunt also by ultrasound. If you get between a sperm whale and his prey / opponent he can destroy your inner organs by doing that. There was a near fatality were a woman swam next to a sperm whale and he communicated it seemed with annother sperm whale or whatever the reason used his ultrasound organ and she had tears in her organs and barely survived.

People think Orcas are humankindss "friends" which is incredible dumb. They are the most ferocious creatures in the water. We just arent on their plate right now and they dont kill us for sport as they dont see a benefit but all that can change. They are a far older species than we are. One suspects close to 11 million years old which is simply incredible! Its normal that behaviour patterns would only change over a course of many years. Humans are , as strange as that sounds, something very new to Orcas but we could very well at some point be hunted because of our easy avaibility. We will never be their preferred meat with our bad bone to meat ratio but if an Orca is hungry , he is a also a oportunistic feeder. Lets hope it never comes to that. With how intelligent they are and hunt in packs that would be a literal nightmare.

Would destroy the dreams of all our delusional animal activists making pets out of them.

Maybe hunting whales, we fed them and that started it. It's a mad relationship tho,we don't have it with any other species.

Maybe they see us exhibiting culture and they think that we we deserve not to be killed for food. They've been observed conducting greeting ceremonies, funerals etc, perhaps we don't give them their due.
Ya they are incredibly intelligent and they definitely not only give humans deference but have been known to be protective of us.

f1db51a06b0814d62b32c9ad759b97cb.gif

Apex predator of the ocean. Don't they pinpoint livers from sharks and discard the rest?

Fucking savage ass creatures.

I had no idea sperm whales were dangerous. What makes them so hard to kill?
Sperm whales survive on a diet of giant squid , can grow to 60 feet long, and have sharp teeth, unlike most whales who survive on plankton.

Orcas are actually called Whale Killers, and not Killer Whales.

The translation got fucked up somewhere from a latin name and flipped the two words around.

So this looks like they have adapted the ability to reverse their own dyslexia and are able to read properly and chase after whales now

Perhaps because of my own dyslexic issues I always realized killer whales meant whale killers. ;)

Maybe one of them tried human before records existed and they thought we taste like shit.

Maybe one of them tried human before records existed and they thought we taste like shit.

It's possible, but there are many stories of positive relationships too.

Also if it was taste you'd expect the odd try from a youngun, or the odd pod that dgaf. Or one eating human cos it's easy to catch, like old lions not able to catch other prey anymore.

But I don't rule it out!

Yeah in Italy we have a saying "tempo da lupi" (wolves weather) to indicate particular bad winter, origin story behind it is that in the past when winter was particular harsh wolves would come to villages and eat whatever they found, be it farm animals, dog/cats or the drunk guy that's still around at night

European history is filled with interesting stories about wolves not only raiding villages, but fucking cities under particular situation

Wolf stopped prey on humans because their number (and quality, with hunting taking out lot strong males fron dna pool) shrunk and because they realized we are dangerous... in most wild areas of the world where they had less contacts with us guess they would be more inclined to see us on the menu

I think with orcas it's the same, as highly intelligent animals they probably developed the instict that attack humans is a no no because we are essentially the only thing that can kill them
Probably we confuse them too, as we (and our boats) are so different from anything else in their world

Guess the final result that the combination of being a puzzle for their intelligence and the recognization we have the power to kill them made this "peace" we have with them

But maybe there is even some desire to interact and have good relationship with us, guess intelligent animals can develop it without need of domestication
Come to my mind dolphins, stories of them defending humans from sharks are cool af

Back